Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quireboys - A little bit of what you fancy

• 30-01-2009 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Came across this little gem today. Years since I listened to it. Still very good after all these years. Remember seeing them support Aerosmith at the Point in 1990.

Great little rock band in their day, shame it all fell apart soon after that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Came across this little gem today. Years since I listened to it. Still very good after all these years. Remember seeing them support Aerosmith at the Point in 1990.

Holy ****!!!! I remember them!! They had a couple of minor hits in the early 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They were the next big thing for about 6 months, came saw conquered and then, pfft gone. There was another UK hard rock band who rose to success about the same time but I've forgotton thier name, they may have toured together.

edit found them Dogs of Love, woof woof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

shame it all fell apart soon after that.

The were a good group - loved 7 O'Clock. Thought they turned into The Wildhearts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The only successful thing Sharon Osbourne has ever done is manage these guys. Her decision to walk away from them, whatever the reason, made the band loose a lot of connections and it really ****ed them up....but Im glad to say that they are still performing in the odd few places every now and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

mike65 wrote: »
    They were the next big thing for about 6 months, came saw conquered and then, pfft gone. There was another UK hard rock band who rose to success about the same time but I've forgotton thier name, they may have toured together.

edit found them Dogs of Love, woof woof!

Tyla, Dogs singer is still going strong. He's done 14 or 15 solo albums at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Great album must dig the tape out.
    I met Spike outside a pub in LA having a fag in 2000,he was dead sound.
    He seems really chuffed to be recognised but I dont think The Quireboys did well in the States, think they were called the London Quireboys over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Osbourne chose the name London Quireboys because she taught the UK connection was an attractive thing...the same reason Tigertailz became so popular for being from Wales...you didnt get Hair Metal bands from Cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Blademan

Hey Man i had to reply to this, I was at that gig let me see the 13th August 1990, i did not even want to go to that gig lol. Back when the days when we use to stand out side gigs to drink and mess around. Then some bird comes up and said i have a free ticked does anyone want it we all had to pick a number between 1/10 i picked 7 and won then i went in, Aerosmith were on at this stage the back up band Quire Boys had just finished, but when i was in there i realized what the f... am i doing here at this (Death Trash Head I Am lol) but to cut the story short i met my lady there and we are still together to this day.. :eek:

A bit of a Sop story but there you go.. Don't always bash the Glammy bands you never know what can happen at those gigs :D

An by the way Spur.. I am convinced that Aerosmith lip sinked all the way through that gig it was like a CD playing lol

But the best gigs in Dublin were at McGonagles / SFX / Top hat / All bloodly gone now unreal.. Best gigs i was ever at were at those venues!! And I've seen the best there.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

yeatzo wrote: »
    Hey Man i had to reply to this, I was at that gig let me see the 13th August 1990, i did not even want to go to that gig lol. Back when the days when we use to stand out side gigs to drink and mess around. Then some bird comes up and said i have a free ticked does anyone want it we all had to pick a number between 1/10 i picked 7 and won then i went in, Aerosmith were on at this stage the back up band Quire Boys had just finished, but when i was in there i realized what the f... am i doing here at this (Death Trash Head I Am lol) but to cut the story short i met my lady there and we are still together to this day.. :eek:

A bit of a Sop story but there you go.. Don't always bash the Glammy bands you never know what can happen at those gigs :D

An by the way Spur.. I am convinced that Aerosmith lip sinked all the way through that gig it was like a CD playing lol

But the best gigs in Dublin were at McGonagles / SFX / Top hat / All bloodly gone now unreal.. Best gigs i was ever at were at those venues!! And I've seen the best there.. :rolleyes:

Was actually 15 Aug mate. Still have the stub.

I was stone cold sober and Aerosmith definately didn't fake it. They actually recorded their MTV unplugged session 3 days previous and went on to play donnington 3 days later. If you hear any of these recordings you will know that the last thing they needed to do was fake it. They were on top top form at this point in their career.

Glad it was a memorible day for you. It certianly was for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement