Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a halogen light bulb

Options
  • 30-01-2009 8:54pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Even folks,
    I am attempting to change a halogen light bulb (downlight) in the porch. I have removed the two that were fitted but I cant seem to get the replacement working.

How exactly do they fit to the connector?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I got this sorted in the end. Just for the record...

To remove the bulbs I just pushed the two metal springs together, while holding the bulb, allowing the ring to pop out slightly and then fully removed it.

To replace the bulb, just insert the two metal pointers at the end of the bulb into the tiny copper holes in the socket. Push hard to fit, it doesnt fit in very easy and the pointers on the bulb may bend (just straigthen them if they do, and push more careful next time).

Advertisement