Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A big thank you to WishBoneAsh..

Options
  • 30-01-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

For a job welldone and setting the standard in this forum.

Due to work commitments WBA has stepped down as a Mod here, but hopefully will continue here as a regular contributor.

I'm sure everyone will join me in wishing him all the best.

Oh, ya almost forgot - your stuck with me now!..

/Evil laugh & clap off thunder!..

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Good man! Military efficiency expected!

So long WBA, I hope you still post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

lightening wrote: »
    Good man! Military efficiency a fist of iron Mod style expected!

Signed - Obersturmbanfuhrer Mairt of the Waffen SS.

:P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

good wishman

hello armyman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks to Wishbone for all the hard work. I'm sure Mairt will ably take his place.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Best of luck marit, feel free to send things southside if needs be!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Stand down Wish...'tenHut! Mairt.

Well done on good job Wish and +1 on Mairt.

Soooo taking advantage of a new Mod taking time to break in new shoes........just which side of the city is best?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Mairt wrote: »
    For a job welldone and setting the standard in this forum.

Due to work commitments WBA has stepped down as a Mod here, but hopefully will continue here as a regular contributor.

I'm sure everyone will join me in wishing him all the best.

/Evil laugh & clap off thunder!..

:mad:

I thought modding this forum was WA's fulltime job..... Best of luck in your semi-retirement WA. @ Mairt.. you do realise that the picture game is your baby now .. lookin forward to some good oul northside pics :)
    :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

* Hands WishBoneAsh a carriage clock for his services.

* Runs out to army fatigue store in anticipation of the coming militarization of Dublin City forum.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sorry to see you go Wish, hopefully you keep posting otherwise the Dublin Picture Game will have to be renamed the Dublin 8 Picture Game.:D

As for Mairt, aw no.:pac: Best of luck Mairt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I thought modding this forum was WA's fulltime job..... Best of luck in your semi-retirement WA. @ Mairt.. you do realise that the picture game is your baby now .. lookin forward to some good oul northside pics :)
    :):):)

I ain't touching that thread, I'll be honest. Its way above my head and leave mye dizzy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

No better man for the job tbh.

Hope you keep on posting here WBA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thanks for the kind words folks and allow me to wish Mairt well in his new command.

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions to the forum during my time here. As Mairt has said, my workload has increased substantially in the past few weeks and I was finding it extremely difficult to get sufficient time to moderate the forum correctly.

I know, from the PMs that I got regularly, that my banning of "best/worst/northside/southside" type of threads caused a lot of rancour out there. I would have preferred not to have to prohibit them but they tend to require constant 'babysitting', not easy when one can be away from the PC for 24 hours at a time. I'm sure this ruling will be under constant review.

(I've also stepped down from modding the Learning to Drive Forum).

I'll still be a regular here and expect more pictures in the picture game thread. Thanks again folks.

(By the way it's Wishbone Ash, not WishBoneAsh! :eek: :))

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I know, from the PMs that I got regularly, that my banning of "best/worst/northside/southside" type of threads caused a lot of rancour out there. I would have preferred not to have to prohibit them but they tend to require constant 'babysitting', not easy when one can be away from the PC for 24 hours at a time. I'm sure this ruling will be under constant review.

In my opinion, your finest hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Sorry to see you go, congrats Mairt.

nothing wrong with a Dublin 8 Photo Thread

Advertisement