Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live ( Eircom ) IP FAIL

Options
  • 30-01-2009 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

hey,

I'm not having this problem but it is my cousins problem, My xbox live works fine
    Got the netopia 2247 wireless router, all the same settings as me and the IP fails on xbox live all the time !!!, Have tried some different Ethernet cables, all the same error, can somebody help ? have done lots of googling and tried some things on youtube, but none were really great help in this area, thanks in advance

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

hey you could try turning the firewall off on the router and then try connecting

if that works then you could increase it until you cannot connect anymore and leave it at the last level that works (low?)

i suggest this , as when i have the firewall on medium i cannot connect to xbl, so i hope it works :)

the router should have the address 192.168.1.254

and Firewall is 2nd down on the left.

Advertisement