Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveview problem focusing

• 30-01-2009 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I got a canon 450d recently and have two issues with liveview maybe someone can help with:
    1: Camera does not auto focus in liveview. Instructions give 2 options but not clear how to do this other than manually.
    How can I focus automatically as I thought the idea of this function is that you use it where you cannot look throught the viewfinder - eg wedding where your holding it over your head and cannot manually focus either.

2: Liveview is not very clear. There are lots of large pixels on the LCD so I never use liveview.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

This should help you...

Live View Video Demo for 450D

Dave OS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

you press and hold the AE lock/FE lock button (besides the AF point select button) to auto focus focus in live view. It'll auto focus depending on the mode you've selected. The quick mode or the contrast dependent mode (which is quite slow but the cool thing about it is you can move the AF box wherever you want to select a specific point to auto focus on).
    I feel live view is pretty handy during manual focusing too. You can like zoom in 10x to make sure you get the sharpest focus.

And yes, the live view of the lower end canon dslr's isn't that clear as they don't have the vga screens of the higher models. But i just use it for reference so i don't really expect much from it.

Advertisement