Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reediming vouchers

Options
  • 30-01-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

I don't know if it's the right thread, please feel free to move my post somewhere else.
    I bought a Laptop from Curry's a bout a year and a half ago,this laptop was faulty(switching off randomly) I finally got my replacement vouchers from pc world in euros. I was just wondering if If I could redeem them in the uk as .

Thanks a lot in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Does it say it on the back of them? usually there's a summary of the T&C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hi all,

I don't know if it's the right thread, please feel free to move my post somewhere else.
    I bought a Laptop from Curry's a bout a year and a half ago,this laptop was faulty(switching off randomly) I finally got my replacement vouchers from pc world in euros. I was just wondering if If I could redeem them in the uk as .

Thanks a lot in advance

No you can't. They will only be valid in Ireland, thats why they are in euro and not in pounds.

The fact that they are in euro really isn't a good assumption. I've used GBP vouchers in IE and vice versa before. Not for a while, but I have done it. Wasn't PCW though.

Random wrote: »
    The fact that they are in euro really isn't a good assumption.

It's not an asumption, it is a fact.

Maybe I misunderstood.

Are you saying because vouchers are euro in general that they cannot be taken in the UK versions of the stores or are you saying that PCW euro vouchers cannot be used in the UK versions of the stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 si makhlouf

Hi all,

Wud like to thank all of ye for your prompt reply! a friend of mine who works for boots, told me that they've no pbs redeeming vouchers is pounds and vice versa.I don't know if it's PC world policy not to redeem the vouchers in the UK.
    I've read the t&c and it doesn't say anything about the fact that the vouchers should be used exclusively in the Republic.
    result: I'm still in the dark

Thanks again for your help

Random wrote: »
    Maybe I misunderstood.

Are you saying because vouchers are euro in general that they cannot be taken in the UK versions of the stores or are you saying that PCW euro vouchers cannot be used in the UK versions of the stores?

Pc World stores can only accept vouchers that match their currency. Ireland=Euros, UK=Sterling. The UK and Irish system is different

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Pc World stores can only accept vouchers that match their currency. Ireland=Euros, UK=Sterling. The UK and Irish system is different

+ 1.... But hey why not phone a store.... if u ever find yourself in the dark turn on the light. ;)

Thanks a lot for all your replies, thanks for ur advice chonker

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Thanks a lot for all your replies, thanks for ur advice chonker

Here to help. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I was hoping to buy Debenhams vouchers for a friend up North once, and asked in store if they could be used up North, and was told that they could only be used in RoI stores.

Thanks a lot for all your reply, I did get in touch with the shops and they said that it is not possible.
    Thanks again for all ur replies.

Advertisement