Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

d-day on mon!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

seraphimvc wrote: »
    omfg!!!:D passed everything!!!close to 3.6 :P
    Dave! wrote:
    happy enough

Got the E I already knew about. The rest are high C/low B average.

Hopefully I'll do okay in the summer and that E will be compensated!
    chrissor wrote:
    I just had a heart attack reading that, i didn't think they would be up so early, thank god for the superbowl, passed all mine, yay

Congrats guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I miss getting exam results

Grimes wrote: »
    I miss getting exam results

You don't. Really, you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

2 Bs and a C! happy days. I really thought the C would be lower, so relieved.
    hope everyone is happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RIP-sanity

Passed 'em all,
    even my ridiculous elective in Welsh which I scraped a C- in! Thanks to my loverly teacher giving me an A for attendence despite the fact I appeared in class maybe 4 times over the semester.
    One dissapointing D in individuals and the state
    but one very happy a- in Italian Novel despite the lateness of my essay.

Overall happyness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

I did alot (and i mean alot) worse than i hoped but i only got myself to blame for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

quite pleased with my results but as always,theres room for improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Happy days, results were quite good and the Steelers won the Superbowl! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ronpaul2012baby

I passed everyday with c's and b's, but i have one e.
    For compensation, who do i have to talk to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I passed everyday with c's and b's, but i have one e.
    For compensation, who do i have to talk to?
    Wait until Tuesday and you will get an email regarding you situation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's done automatically is it not? Once you pass 75% of your modules for the stage (not the semester), and your GPA is over 2.1, it's compensated.

So AFAIK it won't be compensated until the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

liverpool win, 4a's and 2b's and a nice layer of snow on the ground here. might have to reconsider this atheist thing cause it seems god's working overtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

oh man, total disaster, not gonna lie i failed 5/6, but i passed every exam with a c at least, my own fault for thinking i could get away without tutorials or essays. kick up the rear. but i still got my cramming skills

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

rg2007 wrote: »
    oh man, total disaster, not gonna lie i failed 5/6, but i passed every exam with a c at least, my own fault for thinking i could get away without tutorials or essays. kick up the rear. but i still got my cramming skills

Does that mean your going to have to do 11 subjects this semester?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JohnGalt

I think this is the end for me, I have been kidding myself for long enough. I failed 4 and got one D and one A plus (in an elective which I really liked but, unfortunatly, is lightyears away from the subject matter of my course. I think I will forget about college now and start looking for a job. Does anyone know what the story is with fees and who I have to talk to about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Woo!! Well the results of my first set of exams in UCD were decent enough. :)

I got:

1. A
    2. A-
    3. B+
    4. B+
    5. B+
    6. C+

GPA = 3.6

JohnGalt wrote: »
    I think this is the end for me, I have been kidding myself for long enough. I failed 4 and got one D and one A plus (in an elective which I really liked but, unfortunatly, is lightyears away from the subject matter of my course. I think I will forget about college now and start looking for a job. Does anyone know what the story is with fees and who I have to talk to about this?

Go to your program office and/or talk to your student advisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

So wheres everyone off to tonight?

Bed. Got 3 hours sleep last night (not results-related!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JohnGalt

Go to your program office and/or talk to your student advisor.

No I don't mean it like that, I meant who is out there who I can talk to to help me through this. I have a head full of thoughts that are frightening an disturbing. I feel like maybe this is all too much for me. Right now I am sitting in the library and I can barely contain my tears any. I am right on the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

John, i suggest going to the counsellor and talking about it and maybe they can
    give you some advice and im sure talking about will make you feel better too.

http://www.ucd.ie/stuhealth/Counselling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Woo Hoo! Didn't fail anything! Here are my results:

B+
    A-
    B+
    B-
    B+
    D+

Semester One GPA: 3.37

I'm delighted with that!. I was expecting things to be far bleaker :cool:

Edit: Just to clarify, that is a 2:1 right?

Yup, a 2:1 is anything from 3.08 to 3.67 inclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Failed 1. Surprised I failed that but equally surprised I passed another subject! I failed the mid term yet in the grade breakdown it says I got an A!

So hungover from super bowl party. Sleepy time!

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Read them with blurry eyes this morning before I left the house at 7, but am generally happy.

A+
    A+
    A-
    B+
    C+

I was a little disappointed when I saw the C+, because the exam had seemed to go well on the day, but otherwise, very happy! GPA 3.76 :)

Now home curled up and watching the snow....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just got an email for the exams office saying there's been an approved change to my grade!

The E I got, rather than being compensated as I had expected, has changed to a D+! :eek: Quite the change!

Anyone know how that would happen or why???

This is the first year I've managed to pass everything without any compensation! :D SWEET!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Dave! wrote: »
    Just got an email for the exams office saying there's been an approved change to my grade!

The E I got, rather than being compensated as I had expected, has changed to a D+! :eek: Quite the change!

Anyone know how that would happen or why???

This is the first year I've managed to pass everything without any compensation! :D SWEET!

Perhaps for means of quality control it was rechecked by the external examiner. Similar thing happened to me in the leaving, first marker gave me an A1 in english, second marker gave me a B1. Ah well i made it here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Well I'm pretty happy with those results. My semester 1 GPA is 3.73, so added to my 2nd year GPA of 3.73 gives me a combined GPA of, err, 3.73! Hopefully I can manage one more semester of that and come out with a first overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Very happy with mine, and a big change from the two semesters of 1st year too.

A-
    B
    C+
    C
    C
    C

So I wasn't too far wrong with my guessing of a host of C's:D. Delighted I snuck the A- in Anthropology, was hoping I did after the effort I put into the whole thing(bar lectures). My GPA is at 3.1, a nice start to the first semester of what will go towards my degree. didn't think I was capable of a 2.1 to beh honest!

And my reward...roughly 20-25 laps of a Gaelic pitch, and some drills...I like it:D

Advertisement