Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midday

• 30-01-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I had the misfortune of catching this programme today - wtf? Is this the most pointless programme on TV (after "Expose")? I really cannot see what the idea is behind this - people are encouraged to call, text and email but aren't aloud live on air, while all the time the guests plug their businesses!! Go figure.

Inbetween all this going on, Alan Cantwell is blah, blah, blahing away about nothing in particular - or just plain talking (loudly) over anyone else who disagrees with him. His face is a picture when they play the public comments - it's killing him not to shout them down.

Just don't get me started on Expose..........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

There's only 2 reasons why I watch that show

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

EKRIUQ wrote: »

I couldn't possibly imagine....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭MikeStrutington

I think its funny when they are talking about some middle class topic like organic food or something and then all the dole-heads phone in giving out to Alan Cantwell, saying stuff like "its all well and good to be buying that stuff when you've a good well paid job like yours"!!! He ends up sulking in the corner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

It's thoughtfully made by TV3 to ensure any insomniacs who still haven't got to sleep are away in their mangers in time for the One O'Clock News.

And you thought it was simply a mindless program where the most vacuous TV3 presenters and ''Irish celebrities'' convene to shake their heads together and hope words come out.

Shame on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

Syferus wrote: »
    It's thoughtfully made by TV3 to ensure any insomniacs who still haven't got to sleep are away in their mangers in time for the One O'Clock News.

And you thought it was simply a mindless program where the most vacuous TV3 presenters and ''Irish celebrities'' convene to shake their heads together and hope words come out.

Shame on you.

Oh yes indeedy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I watched it one day and I almost couldn't believe it was actually on my screen! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

EKRIUQ wrote: »

And neither of them are Martin King or Alan Cantwell.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Nothing on here since 2009! That says a lot!!
    Thought Midday was OK with Colette Fitzpatrick,
    but it can be adsolute dross with Elaine Crowley.
    What a self obsessed, narcissistic individual she
    is!!! I sky plus it on the off chance that there might
    be something interesting on it, but I've had to ff
    through so many of the recent programmes that I
    felt compelled to express my opinion on this awful
    programme. Way past time to bring back Colette!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Nothing on here since 2009! That says a lot!!
    Thought Midday was OK with Colette Fitzpatrick,
    but it can be adsolute dross with Elaine Crowley.
    What a self obsessed, narcissistic individual she
    is!!! I sky plus it on the off chance that there might
    be something interesting on it, but I've had to ff
    through so many of the recent programmes that I
    felt compelled to express my opinion on this awful
    programme. Way past time to bring back Colette!!

yes I agree, Elaine comes across as a cold, self absorbed person she also seems to be quite antsy with some of the panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

If you want to watch a show with unashamedly upper middle class women unashamedly talking about women stuff while unashamedly wearing hair extensions, excessive make-up and clothes that really don't look as good on them as they think - all in a cheap-looking computer-generated studio with the show's name positioned behind the presenter's head such that it's almost completely falling off the top edge of the screen - then Midday is perfect.

By this stage - six years since it first took to the air, and five since it became women-only - it has become so bad that it makes Loose Women look like Question Time. :o

...it can be adsolute dross with Elaine Crowley.
    What a self obsessed, narcissistic individual she is!!!
    Leilak wrote: »
    yes I agree, Elaine comes across as a cold, self absorbed person she also seems to be quite antsy with some of the panel

Worth pointing out that not only does Elaine present the show, but she produces it too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Caught it one day last week for the first time in ages. Nearly made my eyes and ears bleed. It's too bad to even tune in just to laugh at :eek:

The are a very self absorbed bunch, on no few than 3 occasions in the 10 minutes I watched I was treated to details about the guests personal life that I just had to know, then there was the VT of what I assume was a regular guest in a tattoo parlour whos daughter is in the middle of getting a tattoo of mums face on her arm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

calex71 wrote: »
    Caught it one day last week for the first time in ages. Nearly made my eyes and ears bleed. It's too bad to even tune in just to laugh at :eek:

The are a very self absorbed bunch, on no few than 3 occasions in the 10 minutes I watched I was treated to details about the guests personal life that I just had to know, then there was the VT of what I assume was a regular guest in a tattoo parlour whos daughter is in the middle of getting a tattoo of mums face on her arm :D

I wonder how many rows there are afterwards between some of the panellists
    and their respective husbands/partners as a result of some of the 'revelations'
    of their private lives!!

Emma Buckley was on today - she usually makes intelligent contributions. One
    of the worst has to be Tríona McCarthy. What age is she? 4???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

As I said, Midday these days makes Loose Women look like Question Time.
    Emma Buckley was on today - she usually makes intelligent contributions. One of the worst has to be Tríona McCarthy. What age is she? 4???

Well, what do you expect from the Sindo's beauty correspondent? :rolleyes: ;)

Aileen Hickie isn't much better - and she's supposed to be a barrister, of all professions... :eek: :rolleyes:

Emma Buckley is probably the best panellist, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I think the point of the show is all men are bastards?

Advertisement