Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parental leave q?

Options
  • 30-01-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi folks, just looking for a bit of advice.
    Im due to return to work after a long time out on sick leave. I have been in the process of trying to return now for a month. My employer told me I had to wait until I was seen by Occupational Health. I did this and was given the all clear to return. Last week I also applied for parental leave to be taken one day per week. When I phoned my Manager to ask about my return date now that they have the report from Occupational Health, I was told that I cannot return until my parental leave application is processed and that this could take up to 6 weeks. I stated that I would return on a full time basis until it came through and I was told that I could not do that. This seems fairly wrong to me but Im not sure where I stand rights wise. I know that they are trying to make things as awkward as possible for me as I have been out on long term sick leave. Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Do what ever the company ask you to do, you are at their mercy.
    If you need advice citizens advice or nera is you best bet. Unless you are in the civil service, be aware unions may not look as mercifully as you'd think.
    As far as I know once you have been certified fit for work that should be it unless your company want to renegotiate your contract ie less hours.

Advertisement