Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cream in Cream Pies

• 30-01-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone out there knows whats in this stuff? I know there's egg albumen & sugar and corn starch but does anyone know if there's a DIY version? The ingredients on the pack includes wheat flour and cocoa powder for the shell but I just want the white fluffy stuff. I'd like to whip up this stuff myself for the craic, not interested in the wafer or chocolate, it seems as if it's an easy enough thing to make but i would need a recipe. Like would it be your average marshmallow recipe or something a little different? Just curious.....anyones ma's, anuties, friends cousins, sons, girlfriends uncle got a job in the factory? How DO they make it? It's the same stuff thats in Snowballs, maybe slightly different.
    Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

It's the same stuff as Marshmallow fluff in the states, you can buy jars of it. So by that logic http://chefmaven.wordpress.com/category/homemade-marshmallow-fluff-recipe/ the problem being that corn syrup is evil for you, and hard to get to boot. But it's worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I remember around Christmas I bought a tub of Marshmallow fluff in Aldi for 75 cent or something, maybe keep an eye out, they sometimes have American theme weeks and do stuff like that

Advertisement