Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dabs.ie Problem!

Options
  • 31-01-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Ordered from Dabs.ie yesterday

Today i got an email to confirm my address and name etc etc, They emailed me again today to ask for a copy of my statement!

However im worried as the email address they send from is

IS5944_16711@is.instantservice.com (Dabs CS Webaccounts ie)

Does anyone have any experience with Dabs confirming credit card details...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes. they asked me to confirm my details for a christmas present one year and then a few weeks after christmas they cancelled my order without even an email

i didn't deal with them again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Hogzy wrote: »
    Hey guys

Ordered from Dabs.ie yesterday

Today i got an email to confirm my address and name etc etc, They emailed me again today to ask for a copy of my statement!

However im worried as the email address they send from is

IS5944_16711@is.instantservice.com (Dabs CS Webaccounts ie)

Does anyone have any experience with Dabs confirming credit card details...
    I would be worried about that address without further confirmation from Dabs or further research.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm pretty sure InstantService is the company they use for customer support, you should see their shíte loading in your status bar when you load up the page.

However they shouldn't be sending from that address and you shouldn't be responding with any details to it. It sets a bad example and it demonstrates incompetence in security. Tell them that if they want your business, you want a request from @dabs.ie or @dabs.com, the domain name in your browser address bar.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

dahamsta wrote: »
    It sets a bad example and it demonstrates incompetence in security.

My thoughts exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

webaccounts@dabs.ie <-- You can use this email address to send your information to. Ensure to keep the subject header with order number though so it doesn't confuse people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bunnyfox7

I also had the same experience with them about November time, I ordered an External HD - they sent me an email the next day looking for email and address confirmation. Then they emailed 2 days later looking for my credit card details again, saying that my credit card details were incorrect. I emailed them on this and they said it was a mix up. Then my status went back to address unconfirmed... it was a week altogether before I eventually just cancelled my order! I ordered with Elara.ie instead the day I cancelled my order and elara delivered to me the next day!! I reckon stay clear of dabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i have been using dabs for about 2 years now, ordering about 300-500 euros of stuff every month

never a problem with them, and they are by far the best value

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

I haven't been able to access the dabs website from home or work for months now.

It shows the home page for a split second and then starts transferring data to seal.globalsigns.com and the sits on a blank white page. I've tried various other locations aswell but it just doesn't seem to want to connect for me. Ah well, their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

jammer84 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to access the dabs website from home or work for months now.

It shows the home page for a split second and then starts transferring data to seal.globalsigns.com and the sits on a blank white page. I've tried various other locations aswell but it just doesn't seem to want to connect for me. Ah well, their loss.

I've had no trouble. If it was only one computer, I would imagine that it's some firewall or security issue, but it's odd that it happens at home and at work. Are you sure that you're not trying to access an old site or something?

This is the link that I use.

http://www.dabs.ie/homepage.aspx

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I've had no trouble. If it was only one computer, I would imagine that it's some firewall or security issue, but it's odd that it happens at home and at work. Are you sure that you're not trying to access an old site or something?

This is the link that I use.

http://www.dabs.ie/homepage.aspx

Yip same as above. The fact that it happens at work and home and even trying the odd time from elsewhere with the same results it seems to not be a firewall issues. Also separate ISPs so don't know why I'm getting these issues.

This has been happening since September/October.

**Might try some different browsers to check. I mainly use Firefox and have the 3.1 beta as of late so I'll check if it will work with another browser. Was occurring before I upgraded firefox also though. I'll see with Chrome, Opera and IE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Had the same issue ordering from them recently. Ended up cancelling the order, couldnt be bothered jumping through all their hoops to give them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

jammer84 wrote: »
    Yip same as above. The fact that it happens at work and home and even trying the odd time from elsewhere with the same results it seems to not be a firewall issues. Also separate ISPs so don't know why I'm getting these issues.

This has been happening since September/October.

Weird - Perhaps you've jammered it.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Weird - Perhaps you've jammered it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

sorry to dig this up agen but iv just canceled an order from dabs today after wateing 4 days for it to change status from awateing PSP clearance.
    ordered off komplett and it'll be ready fri/sat for collection
    it cost €30 more tho :(

Advertisement