Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internazionale dirty?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I find it hard to imagine that Inter will deliberately lose points(though I wouldn't be suprised), specially in 2007-08 season which was touted by our rivals as the "first post-calciopoli season with competition". Its just too ridiculous. I hate Inter but any dip in form from them or future clubs top of the league will be immediatedly linked with a scandal lol.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Little bit of research and wholla...

Inter Match-Fixing Claims Denied

The Milanese Public Prosecutors Office has denied claims which suggest they made an enquiry alleging that Inter had fixed matches... The Public Prosecutors Office in Milan has denied reports which claim they had made an enquiry into allegations of match-fixing at Inter. Il Giornale Newspaper published a report on Friday morning which claimed the Office had made an investigation into alleged match-fixing. The Milan-based paper had claimed Inter threw away matches during the course of last season to favour betting odds on the Scudetto.

However, in a major twist to the story, the Prosecutors Office has strongly denied the claims that they have made an investigation into match-fixing. A statement released by the Office and published in La Gazzetta Dello Sport reads:

"The Office would like to precise that no enquiry was ever made by the regarding the 2007/08 season and, in particular, Inter."

Il Giornale carried the story which alleged a number of matches were thrown away towards the end of the season to favour gambling odds. One game in particular was the 2-2 draw between Inter and Siena on the penultimate day of the season. Inter have not released any comment or statement regarding the claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to who owns Il Giornale...Silvio Berlusconi!

Probably a coincidence, but it makes for a nice added twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I often wonder how easy it is to get players to throw a game. Boardroom staff, yes, but not officials.

I used to work with a guy who was convinced AC Milan threw the 2005 Champions League final, folloing a half-time phonecall. I could understand the theory, but there's be no way the Milan players would throw a match like that.

You can threaten to sack then, but if an entire team goes public...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I often wonder how easy it is to get players to throw a game. Boardroom staff, yes, but not officials.

I used to work with a guy who was convinced AC Milan threw the 2005 Champions League final, folloing a half-time phonecall. I could understand the theory, but there's be no way the Milan players would throw a match like that.

You can threaten to sack then, but if an entire team goes public...?

It would take only one or 2 players, bad striker, bad keeper, but I don't believe 2005 CL was fixed.

Unfortunatly once something is guilty, ie, those clubs in Serie A, you will always be suspicious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement