Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floods in the County

Options
  • 31-01-2009 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I heard there were bad floods on the road from Carrigaline to Crosshaven today, were there bad floods anywhere else in the county?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

A wee bit more rural now, but the road from Ladysbridge to Garryvoe was flooded in several places, damn near a new river in one. The roads are wrecked because of it, potholes opening up everywhere.

Cork County Council patchwork repairs responsible as usual.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

The Cobh/Cork train was out of action due to flooding in Glounthaune yesterday, resulting in the strangest announcement I've ever heard in the station. "No trains 'till the tide goes out".

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

deRanged wrote: »
    "No trains 'till the tide goes out".
    A yes CIE's quality service as efficient as usual :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

deRanged wrote: »
    The Cobh/Cork train was out of action due to flooding in Glounthaune yesterday, resulting in the strangest announcement I've ever heard in the station. "No trains 'till the tide goes out".

Saw the track flooded around that area yesterday when I was travelling up to the city on the bus, it was right near the playground, which was also flooded.

Fair bit of flooding in Ballinacurra village yesterday, restricted access to the main street as the river was overflowing by the co-op. The fire brigade were there last night and this morning trying to get rid of the excess water.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Just as well people still have their Range Rovers and X5s.

• Advertisement
Advertisement