Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics

Options
  • 31-01-2009 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Ok basically I am repeating my leaving certificate and I was wondering is leaving cert ord economics a massive difference to higher ?

Last year i barely managed a d2 and ive never been able to write a good 75%+ answer to any question , I don't need the subject for points as Ive taken up business to keep myself safe ( its way easier then economics FYI )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Martinog

I'm Doing Higher level economics at the moment, and i dunno why but i just love economics, so i like learning it, understanding the terms etc, In my opinion there can't be much a difference. Because with higher and ordinary level students they learn from the same book, economics just takes work, and interest in the subject of course. the papers are also together, what you need to do is, pick a ordinary level topic in the papers, and the equivalent in the higher, answer them both and then you will see the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Jiggy wrote: »
    Ok basically I am repeating my leaving certificate and I was wondering is leaving cert ord economics a massive difference to higher ?

Last year i barely managed a d2 and ive never been able to write a good 75%+ answer to any question , I don't need the subject for points as Ive taken up business to keep myself safe ( its way easier then economics FYI )

There is quite a different....my looking over ordinary papers. I'm doing higher level. So I can't really comment on the ordinary level paper to much. Answer's are more simpler etc. And not so detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

What is required in getting a good mark in economics is being precise and concise. Be clear with your headings and expand with a couple of sentences. I only write 4 or 5 lines per paragraph and I get the marks. You must remember that their is a timing issue involved in the subject. Some of the ordinary level questions could easily come up as higher level questions. I can post a sample of what I am talking about if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I did eco for my lc last year and i was convinced I was gonna fail H.L. I stuck with it though and found that by keeping up with the news in particular trends with regards to inflation, unemployment rates etc it really helped my answers....

The business section in the Irish Times on a fri is quite helpful....

to see the difference in exam questions and the markinh scheme try www.examinations.ie

Hope that helps some what....:)

Advertisement