Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the story with Geography?

Options
  • 31-01-2009 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm a bit confussed on Core Unit 2(fluvial, glacial, coastal processes)
    It says in the syllabus that you are "required to study all surface processes but then focus in detail on one of them"

does this mean

A) Study all fluvial, glacial and coastal processes and then focus in detail on, for example, fluvial processes

or does it mean:

B) Study all fluvial, glacial and coastal processes and then focus in detail on one process from each chapter e.g. waterfall, caves

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Edsgravy0

It means A, of fluvial coastal and glacial, study one in detail. We're doing fluvial too, as it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bhoy4life

sounds, thats cleared it up for me!

fluvial 4tw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Edsgravy0

Yeah!

Of course, you'll still have to have a good knowledge of the other two. It's kind of a thin line between having 2 parts learned and the other done in detail, so in my opinion the best bet would be to pick one or two features of the lesser two and know them inside out in addition to fluvial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

bhoy4life wrote: »
    It says in the syllabus that you are "required to study all surface processes but then focus in detail on one of them"

does this mean

A) Study all fluvial, glacial and coastal processes and then focus in detail on, for example, fluvial processes

or does it mean:

B) Study all fluvial, glacial and coastal processes and then focus in detail on one process from each chapter e.g. waterfall, caves

One process from each chapter? You need to be able to explain all processes from fluvial, glacial and coastal processes in case they ask them in the short questions.

You need to know the formation of one irish landform, but I have the ****ing feeling they are going to change this to erosion or deposition so Im making sure I know 2. erosion = waterfall deposition = ox bow lake. However with the deposition there is not as much you can say compared to erosion sp this will restrict the amount of srps you can write.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

bhoy4life wrote: »

does this mean

or does it mean:

A, you study them all for the short q's and focus on one for a long q

• Advertisement
Advertisement