Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to Q?

Options
  • 31-01-2009 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

You know, this guy? Sometimes I miss him.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Potentially, they died from unforseen circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Ricardo Smith for example.. +8k posts, hasn't been seen since 05. :confused:

Freaky. In one of his last posts, on Halloween night, he gave a dude the :rolleyes:, and was gone within 24hrs :eek:

If :rolleyes: had anything to do with it, I would have disappeared a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

:rolleyes:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd forgotten all about Q. Posters don't die, they just fade away. Except, apparently, Q, who seems to have been killed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

So am I the only one that expected a Star Trek reference when I clicked on the topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Hagar wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Hagar, don't tempt fate......... Hagar ?........Hager ?

Damn, there goes another one.

Hagar will be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Who's Hagar?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

I don't understand the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dr P Bear was a legend.

He got banned

Fcuk you Almightycusheon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Billy Turdhead was a biggie in his day, what happened him/her??

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Q is off causing mayhem on the internet, restoring order, and then causing mayhem again. It's what he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Who's Hagar?

A play on Orwells 1984 maybe?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Did he post in a Q type manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Did he post in a Q type manner?
    What, you mean like turning up with a swagger and finishing every sentence with "mon capitain" while amusing himself by carrying out cheap pranks?

No.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

aw :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

deise59 wrote: »
    So am I the only one that expected a Star Trek reference when I clicked on the topic?

Have a look at its profile

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

You know, this guy? Sometimes I miss him.

He was never really any good.
    Never heard of him.. Weird though, the way prolific posters just disappear.
    Ricardo Smith for example.. +8k posts, hasn't been seen since 05. :confused:

His sig used to be "Regardo Ricardo" but then it swapped it in for the rather lame "Regards Ricardo".

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I am really confused. Are you guys joking?

Q was like The Stig for admins; an occasional "skin" we could wear for doing various mundane housekeeping. He came about because Cloud needed an account to post some RSS feeds from a variety of sources in one of his more Cloudesque capers and he didnt want to use his on account details (for security or something, cant recall), so he created another account with admin privileges and I guess he thought the name was funny. He's odd that way, our cloudie :p
    Personally I would have thought he would have gone for Zoltar knowing him, but Q was a good second choice.

Q was effectively a sock puppet for the admins and we made that pretty clear I thought!

DeV.

Fook me!!:eek::eek::eek:

I didn't know that.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

really... weird, I guess that was explained before you arrived. His tagline is "Boards.ie's Bot" but I suppose that could be considered a joke or something.

"He" hasn't been used in ages afaik...

DeV.

I dont beleive you: Prove it! Make him dance!

DeVore wrote: »
    really... weird, I guess that was explained before you arrived. His tagline is "Boards.ie's Bot" but I suppose that could be considered a joke or something.

"He" hasn't been used in ages afaik...

DeV.

He doesn't seem to be a nice person DeV.

Don't think I would have liked him.

Maybe it's better he is gone:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I thought that was...was it Sput's Lover or something? (Sput being an admin's quadruped).

Cloud Warrior was another early one I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Where is netwhizkid gone? I miss his rantings.

Banned for a year or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

IronMan wrote: »
    Where is netwhizkid gone? I miss his rantings.

I reckon it's up soon, can't access the modcp to check though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I banned netwhizkid for at least 2 years I think. Whatever the highest sentence below permanent was (just out of curiousity as to whether he might possibly develop a personality in the meantime).

Q though is a very different sort of person. Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring. And if you give him a really important job, he'll skive off and play croquet. Some say if he were to appear on Love Island he would make everyone pregnant, including the cameramen. Some say he was found in a strange glowing pod recovered from a crater on Exmoor and that he can turn milk to cheese just by glaring at it. Some say his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. Some say his skin has the texture of dolphins. Some say if you tune your radio to 88.4 you can actually hear his thoughts. Some say he does not see like humans do, instead he sees numbers in green scrolling down. Some say he forages for wolves at night. Some say he once punched a horse to the ground. Some say he has no understanding of clouds. Some say his earwax tastes like Turkish Delight. Some say he is confused by stairs. Some say there's an airport in Russia named after him. Some say his breath smells of magnesium. Some say he can catch fish with his tongue. Some say his tears are adhesive. Some say if set alight, he'd burn for a thousand days. Some say he is scared of ducks.

Advertisement