Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom, Hotmail problems

Options
  • 31-01-2009 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Ireland, i need some help, Give some time, in return you feel good.

For the last year i have been unable to connect to hotmail, windows live or any such thing to do with the company from my home broadband via laptops or desktops. I have searched for hours with so many people experiencing different problems with hotmail its impossible to find a solution.:(
    The Problem
    When i try to login to windows/hotmail the page just goes white and eventually times out. Im able to access hotmail from my friends house, and unfortunately i cannot forward the mail from hotmail to gmail because its free or someother BS.

I'll copy and paste something off a forums in which a person had the same problem as me, after many posts someone posted this which i need help on testing it.

"(I have a Beetel wireless router went into router interface by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of Mozilla
    and decreased MRU from 1482bytes to 1400bytes which solved the problem.
    pls try and get back
    )" From other forums

Now i have tried to find this MRU option to change it on my router interface, but its no where to be found. Does anyone have any suggestions, Is anyone experincing the same problem as me?
    I really need to access my hotmail, My Steam account, Dawn of war account and many other things are tied to it, and iveforgot my passwords :(, to get them back i need in. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The Problem...

problemuz4.th.png

The Router Settings
    modelnk0.th.png

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Martinog wrote: »
    Hi Ireland, i need some help, Give some time, in return you feel good.

For the last year i have been unable to connect to hotmail, windows live or any such thing to do with the company from my home broadband via laptops or desktops. I have searched for hours with so many people experiencing different problems with hotmail its impossible to find a solution.:(
    The Problem
    When i try to login to windows/hotmail the page just goes white and eventually times out. Im able to access hotmail from my friends house, and unfortunately i cannot forward the mail from hotmail to gmail because its free or someother BS.

I'll copy and paste something off a forums in which a person had the same problem as me, after many posts someone posted this which i need help on testing it.

"(I have a Beetel wireless router went into router interface by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of Mozilla
    and decreased MRU from 1482bytes to 1400bytes which solved the problem.
    pls try and get back
    )" From other forums

Now i have tried to find this MRU option to change it on my router interface, but its no where to be found. Does anyone have any suggestions, Is anyone experincing the same problem as me?
    I really need to access my hotmail, My Steam account, Dawn of war account and many other things are tied to it, and iveforgot my passwords :(, to get them back i need in. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The Problem...

problemuz4.th.png

The Router Settings
    modelnk0.th.png

You should try posting this problem in the Smart forums.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

What you are looking to adjust I think is the MTU

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit

AFAIK the default MTU for dsl is 1492 and this is the setting in my modem. I am with Smart by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Martinog

dub45 wrote: »
    You should try posting this problem in the Smart forums.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

What you are looking to adjust I think is the MTU

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit

AFAIK the default MTU for dsl is 1492 and this is the setting in my modem. I am with Smart by the way.

Can you please copy and paste whats on the smart telecom forums because that wont load for me either:o

Advertisement