Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership weekend fixtures

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why oh why did City buy Bellamy?:confused:

He offers nothing, what City need with a load of players who are so creative is a centre forward who can hold the ball up!

Is your man Caicedo on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

SantryRed wrote: »

He offers nothing,
    what City need with a load of players who are so creative is a centre forward who can hold the ball up!

Yes he does. In a regular game he makes superb runs in behind the defence and has pace to burn.

Unfortunately there isn't that space available when the opposition are camped on the 18 yard box.

Yes and he's quite useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

He offers nothing, what City need with a load of players who are so creative is a centre forward who can hold the ball up!

Might as well have Paul Dickov.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yes he does. In a regular game he makes superb runs in behind the defence and has pace to burn.

I forgot to add different in there. He adds nothing different. Yous better hope yous get RSC because in most games teams will just sit in front of yous after seeing this.

I forgot to add different in there. He adds nothing different. Yous better hope yous get RSC because in most games teams will just sit in front of yous after seeing this.

Different as opposed to who? The only similar player we have is Vassell and I think we can all agree that Bellamy is an upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RVP on the bench! Go Hammers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

if ireland had the wig on he would have reached that:)

Brutal from Robinho.

I'm still waiting for a shot on target.

At least Elano is trying things

• Advertisement

Hughes doesn't have a clue. City have no game plan at all here.

Why is he still 4 at the back!?

They haven't got a centre forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

is it me or does Beattie constantly look like he is about to break down into tears?

Hughes doesn't have a clue. City have no game plan at all here.

How the hell is this Hughes' fault?

SWP = crap
    Robinho = crap
    Ireland = crap
    Bellamy = crap

His 4 most attacking players all playing brutal.

In fact, the guy he brought on (Elano) has been our MOM!

Hughes out!

Rediculous. There as bad as Spurs.

Fine them all! They don't deserve there pay this week.

• Advertisement

Disgraceful from City, none of the players could have given a **** if they won or lost today. if I was a fan, I would be booing them off the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Too many underperformers for City today. Front 4 were fairly poor.
    Great win for Stoke though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

SWP = crap
    Robinho = crap
    Ireland = crap
    Bellamy = crap

Players not being crap is the managers job.

"That is one of the worst performances, in terms of organisation I have seen in the top flight"

Okay Graham Taylor said that ;) but was he wrong?

JPA wrote: »
    Players not being crap is the managers job.

:confused: What?

Hughes put the best available team and the players didn't perform for him or the fans. Now unless you think he should go out and kick every ball for them I fail to see how that is his fault.

• Advertisement

Who coaches them - Coco the Clown?

Hughes put the best available team and the players didn't perform for him or the fans. Now unless you think he should go out and kick every ball for them I fail to see how that is his fault.

:confused: Mark hughes is massively failing in his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well that was horrific viewing, the wrong team won, they did not deserve anything out of that game, they were the worse team the whole game and end up with 3 points. Football is so unfair sometimes.

And to the guy blaming Hughes, how on earth can you blame a manager, he sends his team out to do a job, they had plenty of chances to be ahead long before Stoke scored, and imo he made the right moves to try and beat the 10 man wall in the second half but unfortunately he had too many players that did not perform.

Not that its much use but for me MoM was Wayne Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

SWP = crap
    Robinho = crap
    Ireland = crap
    Bellamy = crap

Hughes picks the team, tells them how to play and has been responsible for bringing Bellamy and SWP in.

The buck stops with the Manager tbh.

mike65 wrote: »

So what you're suggesting is that Wednesday's MOM Zabaleta and the second best player Robinho from that game were crap today because Hughes coached them poorly over the past two days? Come on now.
    :confused: Mark hughes is massively failing in his job.

'Massively' would be sitting in 18th. We're in the top half of the table.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Good contribution Diane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

swp didnt want to know since delap got sent off.belamy wasnt that bad at least he tried to make something happen,hughes has a tough job there

So what you're suggesting is that Wednesday's MOM Zabaleta and the second best player Robinho from that game were crap today because Hughes coached them poorly over the past two days? Come on now.

'Massively' would be sitting in 18th. We're in the top half of the table.

Well city last season were in the top 6 at this stage. I think.
    And they've improved their squad with a superstar and several more international class players.
    So Hughes should be able to match that achievement anyway or at least look like he has a chance to.

• Advertisement

We're in the top half of the table.
    4pts ahead of Stoke, it has to be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

mike65 wrote: »

Parry? :eek:

Blackburn vs Middlesborough
    Robinson
    Ooijer--- Nelsen--- Samba--- Warnock
    Emerton- Andrews- Grella---- Pedersen
    McCarthy
    RSC

Subs: Bunn, Kerimoglu, Dunn, Villanueva, Givet, Simpson, Roberts.

And they've improved their squad with a superstar and several more international class players.
    So Hughes should be able to match that achievement anyway or at least look like he has a chance to.

We finished 9th last season.

We're in 9th now and have every chance to improve on that.

I'd prefer to judge him at the end of the season and not as a knee jerk to a defeat when we've just taken 10 points from a possible 12.

They finished 9th last year, and Blackburn finished 7th with a panel of players not close to the value of City.

And you know who was managing the Rovers I presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

when we've just taken 10 points from a possible 12.

:confused: 9 from 12, surely?

eagle eye wrote: »
    They finished 9th last year, and Blackburn finished 7th with a panel of players not close to the value of City.

And you know who was managing the Rovers I presume.

Well thats just and indictment of him don't you think.

:confused: 9 from 12, surely?

Prior to this game it was 3 wins and 4 draws. The short term memory of football fans seems to completely forget that when a defeat happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Stoke City v Manchester City - N/A
    Arsenal v West Ham United - Home
    Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic - Home
    Bolton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur - Draw
    Fulham v Portsmouth - Home
    Hull City v West Bromwich Albion - Away
    Middlesbrough v Blackburn Rovers - Away
    Manchester United v Everton - Home

Newcastle United v Sunderland - Draw
    Liverpool v Chelsea - Draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

eagle eye wrote: »
    Blackburn vs Middlesborough
    Robinson
    Ooijer--- Nelsen--- Samba--- Warnock
    Emerton- Andrews- Grella---- Pedersen
    McCarthy
    RSC

Subs: Bunn, Kerimoglu, Dunn, Villanueva, Givet, Simpson, Roberts.

I'm doing a bit of reshuffling on my fantasy defense and switched warnock in. Middlesboro better not have one of those free scoring days, heh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

1-0 Fulham

1-0 Bolton

1-0 Bolton v Spurs

Vela brought on instead of Van Persie?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Why would he bring Van Persie on to play on the wing?

Well thats just and indictment of him don't you think.
    Well my view on it is as follows, Manager joins new club and is just settling in and getting set for new season. Suddenly massive cash injection makes the club the richest in the premier league, new players brought in to satisfy the new owners. Manager now has to reassess the situation regarding team tactics etc.

Clubs gets off to rocky start, finally gets it together.

Todays loss was one of them that happen every now and then. They were all over Stoke when they scored even though players were not performing up to scratch. You cannot blame the manager when he puts the team out and has team controlling the game, but they constantly overhit the ball and miss the target. Thats not the managers fault, it happens. Getting back into the game was always going to be difficult and as it turned out, with the help of bad performances from the players Xavi named, they did not get the result.

Mark Hughes is not a bad manager, he is doing a good job with the team. One thing that did stand out today was the workrate of every player regardless of whether they were having a bad day or not, much like what he did at Blackburn.

Look at the top teams in the league, and its all about the work thats put in, United are the hardest working bunch you will fine, similar with Chelsea, Aston Villa and Arsenal. As long as you are getting that from your players you have a chance at getting a result every week. And one result doesn't change that.

If you remember this also, Stoke have played tough against the top teams this year. Chelsea beat them 2-1 with 88th and 94th min. goals. United beat them 1-0 with an 83rd minute winner, they've drawn with Liverpool twice and beat Arsenal and Aston Villa.

• Advertisement

Why would he bring Van Persie on to play on the wing?

Oh.He was brought on for Eboue.My ad.I thought it was Bendtner.

I'm getting a bad feeling here, Andrews went off injured a short while ago, Tugay on but its too early for him to see out the game. RSC is causing all sorts of problems but no goal yet.

And Hull 1 West Brom 0

And 0-0 at half time Blackburn game.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

From the early kick off game between Stock and Man City

Rory Delap's Red card

James Beattie's goal 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Prior to this game it was 3 wins and 4 draws. The short term memory of football fans seems to completely forget that when a defeat happens.

Huh? Prior to this game in the league ye have won 3, lost to WBA and Everton and drawn with Blackburn and Fulham.

City are in 9th, 6 points ahead of Blackburn in the relegation zone (who have a game in hand), nobody of substance wants to sign for them, and Robinho looks like he wants to take the next plane back to Rio (or anywhere that's not the blue side of Manchester). They have just been beaten by a 10 man stoke, who hadn't won a game in who knows when (Hartlepool beat them a couple of weeks ago), and have just participated in one of the worst and most flacid displays of soccer I have seen all season.

For all their Arab money, it wouldn't surprise me if they went down this year, and I, for one, would have a smirk on my face if they did.

Hobart wrote: »
    Huh? Prior to this game in the league ye have won 3, lost to WBA and Everton and drawn with Blackburn and Fulham.

Prior to this game we had won 3 and drawn 1. The defeats to everton and WBA were before that so I'm correct in what I was saying.
    City are in 9th, 6 points ahead of Blackburn in the relegation zone (who have a game in hand),

We do have a game in hand on everyone else though (well, along with Pompey and Fulham as well as Blackburn).
    nobody of substance wants to sign for them,

Shay Given isn't someone 'of substance'? He'll certainly improve the squad, as have De Jong, Bellamy and Bridge. I don't know what more could be expected in January tbh.
    and Robinho looks like he wants to take the next plane back to Rio (or anywhere that's not the blue side of Manchester).

Do you actullay watch City play? Did you watch the game on Wednesday night where he was outstanding?
    They have just been beaten by a 10 man stoke, who hadn't won a game in who knows when (Hartlepool beat them a couple of weeks ago),

Stoke who Liverpool have struggled against twice. Stoke who have barely lost to Chelsea and United and beaten Arsenal and Villa. Anyone suggesting they are an easy prospect, particularly in their own back yard is talking through their hoop.
    and have just participated in one of the worst and most flacid displays of soccer I have seen all season.

Their tactics got them a win. They did what they had to do and did it well. Fair play
    For all their Arab money, it wouldn't surprise me if they went down this year, and I, for one, would have a smirk on my face if they did.

Good on ye. And I'll have one just as big if Liverpool bottle the league :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement