Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Fresh Fish from Piers

Options
  • 31-01-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good place to buy from fishermen along the coast? I heard Dun Laoghaire pier is good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Yeah would recommend Dun Laoghaire. Dad used to get fish tere all the time for great prices but that was a few years ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

it's a great plaice to bring the kids too. Get a bucket of fish heads from the girls there and feed the seals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

dr ro wrote: »
    it's a great plaice to bring the kids too. Get a bucket of fish heads from the girls there and feed the seals.
    Great PLAICE ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Great PLAICE ha ha!

Punage alert punage alert

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

is that another boards warning for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Got some fantastic prawns and hake from off to the left of the west pier yesterday. Loads of excellent looking fish for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LouiseMcNa

I heard there are some part time fishermen in Greystones, I know Morans on the main st buy from them as well. They get fresh Lobster in a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there were a couple of boats operating out of greystones prior to the harbour redevelopment starting - perhaps they've moved to the Wicklow?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

loyatemu wrote: »
    there were a couple of boats operating out of greystones prior to the harbour redevelopment starting - perhaps they've moved to the Wicklow?

I know one of them they gave up there boat and licence used to fish for Welks.

Advertisement