Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fao Bill Hicks Fans

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I came here to post the same thing. Im so happy this finally saw the light of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Girlfriend just told me about this post

I thank you my good friend :D

I haven't watched it yet but i believe the original broadcast from october 1993 is on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Thanks for that, really good viewing. Fair play to Letterman as well.

The performance itself was really good and the saddest thing about Bill Hicks dying at the age he did was, he was getting better with age. He's my favourite comedian for the simple reason that he didn't just want laughs, he wanted to provoke thought. His comedy was always clever and he pushed the boundaries every day. Class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That was great, his mum was pretty funny for an auld one

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Thanks for that, really good viewing. Fair play to Letterman as well.

The performance itself was really good and the saddest thing about Bill Hicks dying at the age he did was, he was getting better with age. He's my favourite comedian for the simple reason that he didn't just want laughs, he wanted to provoke thought. His comedy was always clever and he pushed the boundaries every day. Class act.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭magicass

brilliant:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 riskydisco

Great shame he was taken at such an early age. It would take some extraordinary comics to knock him out of my all time top 5 standup greats. I have to mirror what was said already in that he provoked thought as well as being a seriously funny guy. On another note, I think credit is due to Letterman for apologising, retracting and actually doing-something-about his earlier mistake.. I think politicians (and pretty much everybody) could do with taking a leaf.

Advertisement