Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oh hey...

Options
  • 31-01-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭

just thought i'd mention, you know how as irish citizens, we're allowed up to 3 months in nz as long as we dont work, and have return flights or enough funds to feck off at the end of the 3 months?

emm... well you HAVE to have return flights. simple as. no 'enough funds', it's return flights, or feck off back where ya came from.

i had enough funds, but ended up having to buy a $700AUD ticket which was fully refundable bar a $50 'admin' charge, but yeah, that was a stressful 45mins....

duno if there's another thread to go to for this... but just thought i'd throw it out there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

When I flew to Christchurch, I showed my eticket printout for the return flight to the check in desk in Sydney and then put it into my luggage. Then when I was going through customs in Christchurch I hadn't got to baggage collection yet and couldn't show my ticket! The woman let me go after a stern telling off and me nodding my head for 2 minutes straight.

So keep your return ticket on your person folks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

General rule with any travelling is don't put anything you can't afford to loose into your hold baggage. That would include tickets, passport, medications and money for starters.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

is this a new thing? i was àlways under the impression that this was standard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i'd thought, and apparently they get it quite a lot, that having proof of having enough money to get out again was enough, but apparently for just a visitor visa thing, it's not enough.

Advertisement