Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda in Eden Gate

Options
  • 31-01-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭

I seem to see an unmarked Garda car driving around Eden Gate at least 3 times a day lately. Its a pale blue Ford Focus.

Does anyone know why they are around so often, especially an unmarked car with 2 detectives in it.

There seems to be a higher Garda presence in this quiet estate than there is in the troubled estates. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

Damo9090 wrote: »
    I seem to see an unmarked Garda car driving around Eden Gate at least 3 times a day lately. Its a pale blue Ford Focus.

Does anyone know why they are around so often, especially an unmarked car with 2 detectives in it.

There seems to be a higher Garda presence in this quiet estate than there is in the troubled estates. :confused:

i wouldn't get your knickers in a knot they are just out on patrol driving around the place!! nothing to worry about! just out of interest, what are the 'troubled estates'?? there's none of those in greystones!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

happyhappy wrote: »
    i wouldn't get your knickers in a knot they are just out on patrol driving around the place!! nothing to worry about! just out of interest, what are the 'troubled estates'?? there's none of those in greystones!

I have noting to hide. I just find it odd that detectives are patrolling and not uniformed Garda.

To your question. In fear of causing unnecessary arguments and offending anyone i will not answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

Damo9090 wrote: »
    I have noting to hide. I just find it odd that detectives are patrolling and not uniformed Garda.

To your question. In fear of causing unnecessary arguments and offending anyone i will not answer.

unmarked cars patrol all the time too. i'm hearing ya bout the estates but i mean that greystones is so quiet and respectable that even places people might think would be busy for gardai aren't really that busy when compared to similar places closer to dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

Im afraid there has been a sharp increase in the level of crime around Greystones area over the past few years. This is due to the emergence of numerous new estates and the opening of the M50, which makes it easier and more accessible to come into Greystones from afar. Alot of the new estates around Greystones and Delgany were targetted. Its due to this that the Gardai make their presence known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

Ding Dong wrote: »
    Im afraid there has been a sharp increase in the level of crime around Greystones area over the past few years. This is due to the emergence of numerous new estates and the opening of the M50, which makes it easier and more accessible to come into Greystones from afar. Alot of the new estates around Greystones and Delgany were targetted. Its due to this that the Gardai make their presence known.

Marked cars and uniformed gardai would probably be more of an advantage if this were the case.

It's good that they're going around, at least if they're unmarked they might catch people in the act, there has been a big increase in the number of robberies lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭krugerrand

The recently reported spate of burgalries and vandalism in Charlesland might have something to do with the increased Garda presence. Have a look at the Greystones & Charlesland forum for more info. Also, there is a rather serious drugs problem in Greystones in so far as the so called "recreational drugs" are concerned. Best leave it to the Gardai to do their work and not worry too much about the Garda visits to the estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

seem to see an unmarked Garda car driving around Eden Gate at least 3 times a day lately.
    This is good to see. Fair play to them! There have been a lot of expensive cars stolen and houses broken into in the area recently.
    Marked cars and uniformed gardai would probably be more of an advantage if this were the case.
    They are doing this also.
    This is due to the emergence of numerous new estates and the opening of the M50, which makes it easier and more accessible to come into Greystones from afar. Alot of the new estates around Greystones and Delgany were targetted.
    This is exactly what a detective said to me recently.

Advertisement