Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 point lighting system - recommendations

Options
  • 31-01-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    looking for a good three point lighting system (mainly for shooting corporate style interviews) that won't break the bank. Recommendations welcome,
    cheers
    Reece

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

you could buy 1 650 watt to 1000 watt for your key light and 2 X 150 to 300 watts for your fill and back-top light. if you want good lights buy arri. I have some lowel lights , pretty cheap but get very hot. If you are short of cash just buy a key and a back light and use a reflector to bounce in your fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

cheers, would you know where I could get them? Would consider bhphotovideo - but they'd come with american power connectors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

yea you could get them there or in the UK. You have to ask for european connection, I have bought in b+h they are used to selling european connections. I bought some in uk, cheaper than ireland but more expensive than us. unless u pick them up in new york, you have to pay taxes here at point of entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Germain

Check out the lighting options on www.prokit.co.uk.
    They had a very nice little system in a handy bag last year with a soft key light and a soft fill and a back light. Similar idea to a chimera but much cheaper and quicker to setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IrishVideo

When buying american lights, you just need to change the plug which is straight forward, then just buy 220v bulbs instead of 110v, apart from that, no difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement