Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home theatre help needed!

Options
  • 31-01-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi All,

I realise there are probably more threads in relation to this but I couldnt find anything that helped me.

I'm looking into setting up a home theatre system. I'm running a 42" full HD phillips TV, Playstation 3 and currently using a Technics Hi-fi seperates system as my sound.

I've decided that I would like to take the setup to the next level by investing in some proper home theatre equipment. I've pretty much decided on my starting point with the AV receiver, the Pioneer VSX LX50, chosen for its range of features and somewhat reasonable price tag.

The part I'm having trouble with is choosing a speaker system, ideally something 5.1 or greater. I've tried seeking advice from 'Peats' but they keep trying to force feed me with 'Bose' systems, even after I say that I'm not interested in 'Bose'. They seem to assume that because I dont know what I want, means that I dont know good equipment from bad! :rolleyes:

What I'm looking for is a few suggestions for speakers, ideally within a budget of €1500. Hoping that the system will comprise of two floor standing speakers, centre speaker, two surround speakers and a sub. Also if anyone feels that I'm making a mistake with my choice of receiver, please let me know, all suggestions welcome.

Thank you in advance for all of your help :)

Advertisement