Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Partial)-Refund for unlicensed event shut down by Gardai?

Options
  • 31-01-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

I was at the Tivoli last night for Ferry Corsten, paid ticketmaster €30.50 & booking fee for my ticket.

There's nothing on the ticket about event being subject to license (That's wrote on a few tickets I have here on my wall from past events).

Anywas, the event was to go on till 3am or so, with Ferry coming on at 1am or shortly afterwards. Mark Kavanagh & John O'Callaghan played their sets but at 1:10am the lights came on and the music stopped.

There was no explanation about what had happened, we had to ask the 20 or so Gardai what the story was and apparently Tivoli had not applied for their late license so I guess the normal Friday pub hours applied (12:30 stop serving, closed at 1am).

Anyways, I'm mega pissed at it all and I'd like to know who do I approach about getting a refund (even a partial refund). Again, like I said in the clubbing forum it's not the money that I want back, but I can't see them putting on a free Ferry Corsten event for Tivoli ticketholders from last night so I do want something off them for their bad form.

Any ideas? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Contact ticketmaster, if they do nothing go to the small claims court, I can't see you having a problem getting at least a partial refund

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Thanks, I'll contact Ticketmaster now then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Absolute joke, as per my sentiment in the clubbing forum.

Ill be gunning for full refund. Seems a pretty straightforward case of non-performance of contract terms. Hopefully they dont get thick with the refund or only offer part - I dont see how they could quantify a part-refund (Especially considerin JOC was so sh!te too).

I was told by Tivoli that if u booked online you will be contacted by TM/PL (Event organiser) with further details. I know I wont be taking any tkts for other events etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Same thing happened in Ennis a number of years ago with Lisa Lashes playing at May Carneys except it was a drugs bust that shut the show down. :mad:

Advertisement