Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook 2007 with 2 accounts

• 31-01-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi, i had to reformat my HD due to issues and I never taught of taking note of what way Outlook 2007 had controled both mine and my wifes email accounts. Basicaly we each have an email account with upc and when a email arrived for me it went in to my mail folder and the same for my wife.
    Ive got the emails back up and running but cant remember the "Message Rules" for this setting, Ive tried "Where my name is in the To Box" rule and specified my folder but both my wife and I are getting the same message twice. I know it's a small problem but annoying:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not sure about 2007, but for 2003 you would just start with a blank rule > sent to people or distribution list (select your name) > move it to the specified folder

Kind of sounds like you have "move a copy to the specified folder" selected, but for all I know 2007 is totally different...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

aye, did you move to your folder or copy to your folder.

also i like to put on a "and stop processing further rules" option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks guys, Tman ive tried that but to no avail. Samhail ive moved to my folder but im getting the mail twice and so is my wife. Ive ha a lok on the net but nothing shows up for it.

so you are getting the same mail 4 times ? hmmm

try disabling all the rules and make sure that you are only getting the email once into your box and outlook is copying it ?

Yes Im getting it 4 times, there seems to be no differance between the 2 sets of Rules, where my name is in the To Box it doesnt ask me for my email address to check which email it's using. Ive just deleted all the rules and started again and still getting them 4 times

• Advertisement

so if you are getting them 4 times with no rules the problem is somewhere else.
    i assume you werent getting this before you formatted.

are you sure there are only 2 accounts in outlook (u mightnt have set it up more than once... then go in and change the settings to leave a copy of the mail on the POP3 server... hmm)

Sorry only when I have the rules applied i get the mail 4 times, without the rules it just goes into the inbox

what happens when you just put 1 rule on ?
    did you put on the rule i suggested ?

Make new Rule
    New Rule
    Start from blank rule>>Click Next
    Tick box for "Where my name is in the To of Cc Box">>>Click Next
    Tick box for "Move to specifed folder">>>Click Next
    Select the folder for the email to go to >>>Click Next
    Finish>>>Apply>>>OK

when i tick "and stop processing futher rules" it just goes straight to my inbox not my folder

• Advertisement

sounds like your doing it right m8.

yes thats what I taught, but im trying to remember what way i done it the last time and as far as i can recall thats the way i done it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cat&mouse

Hi experts, I happened to mess my windows xp clicked something on the top right hand corner and I have lost my Task & Google top toolbars. I have tried Tools Google Toolbar but they are Ticked. Help me please!!!

is this in internet explorer ? or when your just using windows ? (looking at my computer)

Advertisement