Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 euro drink in town tonight?

Options
  • 31-01-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Please dont merge this with the other thread mods, tis an emergency :)

My mate heard a radio ad this morning for some club doing 3 quid drink, billing itself as the recession buster and all that jazz, but the clown has forgotten where it was. All he remembers is the word Brown, he doesnt think it was called Browns but it mentioned it being nearby or something? I dont know of any Brown Street, and the only clubs I can think of near Brown Thomas (if thats what it sad it was beside) are swanky tosser magnets like Lillies that certainly wouldnt be holding this offer. Anyone know where he meant? Or know of any other cheap drink places aside from these cryptic clues? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭milkado

Only place I can think of is Parker Browns in Dundrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

shane86 wrote: »
    All he remembers is the word Brown
    Brown's Barn? (although it's a bit out of the way).
    shane86 wrote:
    I dont know of any Brown Street
    Brown St North is off King St North. Brown St South is near St Teresa's Gardens. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Brown St South is near St Teresa's Gardens. ;)

Lovely. Just put the bulletproof vest in the wash, hope she dries in time :pac:

Maybe it was in the suburbs and he assumed it was in town, dunno tbh. Any other cheap drinking suggestions for town? Nightclubs like.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I saw a huge sign outside the blacker in coolock the other day advertising this. Wouldn't actually recommend you go there though...

Oh I don't know the real name of the blacker, might be something browns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

RJ's used to be mc gowans churchtown 3euro all drinks for january and
    in february shorts shot bottles 3euro with pints 4€ only open Friday and saturday nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dearg81

TGI's is €3 a pint

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

maybe BURN in stillorgan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

biggus wrote: »
    RJ's used to be mc gowans churchtown 3euro all drinks for january and
    in february shorts shot bottles 3euro with pints 4€ only open Friday and saturday nights

McGowans Churchtown, is that the same gen area as Phibsboro? I know that McGowans.

hmm, tis Dorset Street-ish area, not the best....wonder if the clientele care for, eh, out of towners :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

McGowan's Phibs is only out of towners. Guards and nurses but it ain't 3balloons a scoop. Not when I was there recently.

If you do find cheap booze will you pop some info up on the Rub a Dub Dub Cheap Booze in What Pub thread?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Dearg81 wrote: »
    TGI's is €3 a pint

Only in Blackrock though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Russel's in Ranelagh sell Fosters (piss) for like 3.80 a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Russel's in Ranelagh sell Fosters (piss) for like 3.80 a pint

Foster's is grand, and it's 4.9%, stronger and cheaper than anything else.

A few places do promotions on it though, around €3.70, and people automatically presume it's crap because it's cheap while you get ripped off for your €4.80 bottle of vinegary miller :rolleyes:

Advertisement