Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Sim Free W595 on 3

• 31-01-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi! I am on 3 and thinking of getting an unlocked Sony Ericsson W595 from England. They have the same model in 3 Ireland too but I don't like the colour they have on offer. Actually, they don't really have that many phones on offer?

Can I still get My 3 on it? And what about Skype and Messenger? I am only a 3Pay customer but I use these very often. I would be grateful for any advise. Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes you can. Take note of address for My3. It should be something like "http://mobile.3ireland.ie/837_sc"
    When you enter that into the phone it will bring you to the my3 page. You will have to set the connection first but all settings can be enter fairly quickly, and settings can be found on boards.

Then you just need to download skype and messenger on to the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

are you due an upgrade, you can get up to €100 credit back, makes the phone pretty cheap if you do it that way..

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

davton wrote: »
    Yes you can. Take note of address for My3. It should be something like "http://mobile.3ireland.ie/837_sc"
    When you enter that into the phone it will bring you to the my3 page. You will have to set the connection first but all settings can be enter fairly quickly, and settings can be found on boards.

Do I need wifi or internet connection of some sort on the phone 1st? Coz I've never actually connected to the net before on my current 3phone (which is falling apart, that's why I need a new phone). Sorry but I'm rather clueless when it comes to these things...:confused:
    are you due an upgrade, you can get up to €100 credit back, makes the phone pretty cheap if you do it that way..

I check online. I'm not eligible for an upgrade :( I'm on 3Pay only, usually only spend about 10euro a month. I use a lot of skype and messenger on my phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

NibNib wrote: »
    Do I need wifi or internet connection of some sort on the phone 1st? Coz I've never actually connected to the net before on my current 3phone (which is falling apart, that's why I need a new phone). Sorry but I'm rather clueless when it comes to these things...:confused:

Do you use the phone to view My3 currently? you need to connect to using '3 connection' you wont be able to view My3 or any other planet 3 pages using wifi.

When you get the phone, ask on boards and someone will tell you how to enter the settings correctly to access planet 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

davton wrote: »
    Do you use the phone to view My3 currently?

I do. I use My3 on the phone quite a bit. Becoz I got this phone from 3 so they already have it installed and ready to use.

Thanks for the advise. I can now hunt for a nice unlocked phone! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement