Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another dampness thread!

Options
  • 31-01-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hiya just looking for peoples opinions on this.moved into a house about 6 mths ago.and just before christmas noticed there was damp springing up everywhere.mostly in the sitting room,attic and bedroom.
    I had to throw out loads of clothes and couldnt keep anything in the wardrobes or the attic because they were getting wrecked.So i told him all about it and he basicilly said it was my fault for not opening the windows enough and not putting the heating on regularly.The heating was on around the clock and so far ive put 1350 litres of oil into the tank.
    so anyway he brought up some builders and they said there wasnt enough ventilation,so they put in all new vents.so its been ok for a few weeks but ive just noticed more clothes in the wardrobe are mouldy and decided ive had enough.
    I handed in my notice during the week,and the landlady rang me this morning accusing me of blocking up vents(which i bloody well didnt)and accused me of breaking the lease.im going to ring threshold first thing monday but does anyone have any experience of this happening and will i get my deposit back??

Advertisement