Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I've been riding for 7 years now and looking for a summer loan, must be 15hh or higher. Novice rider looking to have fun and compete in local shows and be brought to the next level. Would be kept on five star full livery in south Dublin/Wicklow or Kildare area. Feel free to PM me with any questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

We are in the process of getting my daughter a Pony & are looking at the possiblity of someone taking on the option of sharing her.

She is a 9yr old 12hh Welsh Pony who has done it all,
    Can be very flexible with riding arrangements , 2-3 days per wk in addition to either Sat or Sunday.

Pony will be stabled in Enniskerry.

PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mitzymoo

Hi I am still looking for a suitable horse share. I am looking for a solid ride with no vices, just a quiet horse that i could take out for quiet rides/hacks and light schooling. Am not looking to do any jumping so a horse stables with fields around for hacking would be great. A beginners/riding school type horse would suit me to the ground, am happy/confident going out on my own. If this suits anyone or knows anyone that it may suit please PM me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

PM'd you Mitzymoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Hi! I have a 15.2 experienced Sport Horse mare available for share in South Dublin. She is kept on full livery in a lovely, busy, friendly yard with indoor and outdoor arenas with plenty of hacking nearby. I am looking to for someone to do flatwork and light hacking with her. She has excellent flatwork, she works in a beautiful outline and has basic lateral work and would be perfect for someone who may wish to do some dressage competitions with her. She is forward going and responsive and an exceptionally straightforward and honest horse. I will be competing this summer and would be delighted to bring someone who is sharing her with me if they wished to compete her. She is available two days a week and I am flexible on days. The yard is late opening in the evenings as well with a floodlit indoor arena.
    My current share has moved onto their own horse unfortunately (for me!!)
    PM if interested or have any questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 IC1988

Hi,

Am wondering if anyone has a horse above 16hh to share in South Dublin?

I have been riding for 15 years and have worked in showjumping/cross country yards most of my life. I now work in an office :( and miss being around horses. I cannot have my own and it is so expensive and I dont have 7 days a week free to look after.

Really keen to find someone with similar conditions that would like to horse share (half livery paid).

Thanks
    IC1988 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Beccavet

I am a 4th yr vet student at ucd and have moved countries to be here and have been deprived my full capacity of riding horses and my own means of transportation. :(

I have ridden all my life from breezing tbs to backing everything and anything, showing, crosscountry, the lot really.

So if anyone can please direct me to an equestrian facility or even an available horse that I can ride and access through public transport easily from Dublin4 I would be unbelievable greatful!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rachael12

Hi,
    I'm just wondering if anybody would be interested in riding a 16.1hh horse in the Cavan/Leitrim area over the next few months. I am currently in college in Galway and I have a full time job for the summer so I simply don't have much time for her. She is not a novice ride and requires an experienced rider. Over the last few months I have done very little with her as I am very rarely at home and therefore she will require some work and patience. My parents will force me to sell her if I can't come up with a solution. As I live on a farm there would be no livery costs. Anybody interested let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭M25

Hiya,

Im looking to Horse Share. I'm based in Waterford & I go riding in a equestrian centre at the moment.

I cant afford my own horse at the moment but would be interested in sharing a horse.

I am an experienced rider & have been riding for 15 years.

I have done alot of Show Jumping (SJAI), have done cross country & dessage also.

Would anyone in Waterford wish to Horse Share please give me a shout!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Clio2009

Hello
    i have a very quite 15.1h skewbald gelding.

He is stabled in a small private yard in North Dublin (near Oldtown-Swords-Ashboune) which has an outdoor arena. He is well behaved and quiet.
    i would prefer someone who is used to ride, at least an intermediate level.

There are plenty of quiet roads for hacking. He is doing well in all disciplines, cross country, show jumping, Hunter trials, dressage. Close to Training facilities, cross country course are all a few min drive away, 3 hunt groups are within the area as well.

cost are :
    3 -4 times a week (as you wish) at a cost of €50 per week.
    or twice a week for 30 euro
    or once a week for 20 euro

i will take care of the shoeing cost and vet bills. Tack also lent to the sharer.

Sharer can compete on her if they would like to. Lessons are also available.

If you have any question feel free to ask.
    the horse is not for a loan or a lease, he is just for a part share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Clodagh101

Hi,

I have recently returned to riding after almost 12 years 'out of the saddle" throughout my 20's. I used to ride a lot as a child & teenager (show jumping and lots of cross country) and just could not afford it once I was a student etc. I'm currently riding once a week in a riding school and am finding it's all coming back quickly but I'd love to ride more often.

I am absolutely loving riding again and am just not in a position, neither financially nor from a time point of view to take on my own horse. I'm therefore hoping there may be someone out there in the Limerick area who may currently be looking for assistance in exercising their horse once/few times per week. Im very comfortable in both jumping and cross country. Willing to be flexible in terms of days/other work to help out around the stables in return for riding..

Would also be open to hearing about possible share arrangements.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 troyton

Hi I have 2 horses a 14yr old gelding and a 4yr old mare. The gelding is 16h and has done a bit of everything I mostly jump him in 80/90s and do riding club activities (RC dressage, XC etc). He is well capable of jumping higher but that's what I feel comfortable at for now :) He's a straightforward ride and works reasonably well on the flat. Easy to get in an outline and has nice paces.
    The mare is about 15.2h, was broken last year and ridden for 5/6 weeks then left off for the winter. She's back in work about 3/4 weeks now and going well so far! She has a very sweet temperament and nice movement, and shows a nice pop when loose jumping.

I keep them at home near Macroom, Cork and have a smallish arena (and jumps) and a flat field to ride in (if the weather dries up).
    If anyone is interested in giving me a hand with either of them please PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cormilight

hi i have a 16hh mare available for share/to ride up to a couple of times a week. shes a very good jumper, hacks out, lovely flatwork. very straighforward, uncomplicated ride. but not a beginner ride. kept in a livery yard in south county dublin with great hacking around and large outdoor arena, cross country
    please contact for any more info

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cormilight

i have a 12hh pony, 4yrs old. shes a great character and very easy to handle, be around. i have 2 young children who handle her groom her etc . . they both ride her and i ocassionally ride her to keep her properly excercised/get fit/schooled. she is a very good little pony who has a fantastic jump, moves forward when asked to and at same time my 2yr old can walk around on her and she does exactly whats needed from her.
    she could do with someone smaller riding her a couple of times a week. would suit a confidant child who wants to ride away and progress from riding school lessons or wants to be able to do more. lessons available if requested for additional cost
    shes kept in a livery yard in south county dulblin, with large outdoor arena, hacking nearby
    please contact for any more info/costs

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thedvg

Hi i know of a few horses/ponys available for half share in the south dublin area, all shapes and sizes and all abilities. pm me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wifster

Hey

Trying to find a horse to share in south Dublin/north Wicklow (cant afford my own at the moment unfortunately).
    I am an intermediate level rider, have BHS Stage 1 and training towards my stage 2 and PTT. I would be looking for something 16hh or higher.
    I have my own transport so distance isn't a problem. I have asked my equestrian contacts, asked around in the stables I ride in and trained in and keep an eye on most horsey websites but cannot seem to see anything suitable so far.
    Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? People to call?
    Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Hi,

I am looking for someone to assist me with schooling/exercising a family friend's horse 3 or 4 days during the week (or even just 1 day). I broke my ankle last year and am not able to ride as long as I would like to. The horse is 9/10 years old, about 15hh, has a sweet personality but will act up if she thinks she can get away with it - so not for a novice. She hasn't been ridden properly for about 12 months so is a little over weight. I am based in Dublin 15 and the horse is in Dunboyne. The family friend is fully aware I am looking for assistance with the horse - they do not ride themselves. I would have to be present at all times the horse is being exercised. So if you think you would like to help with riding her or you want more details, please PM me. I am not asking for any payment of any kind nor am I offering anything, just the chance to ride for free.

Lovely Pony, just under 12hh, needs a small competent little rider who is light with his/her hands. minimum 3 days riding a week, Yard has outdoor & indoor & lots of nice hacking.. Discounted Private & group lessons..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ambassador0873

Gentleman novice sympathetic rider south Dublin seeking opportunity to work with or share a quiet capable seasoned bombproof gentleman of a horse that will encourage building confidence ! PM me if you have any suggestions.

Most livery yards will have horse owners looking to share, suggest you try the likes of the paddocks, rathfarnham equestrian centre, carrickmines and killegar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 fumbles

Hi all,

I'm a 23year old female, looking to get back into horse riding after a few years break. I had been riding for 12 years before having to leave due to work and college commitments. I'm a fairly advanced rider, but obviously a bit rusty after 4 years out of the saddle! :rolleyes:

I'm looking for a horse share in South Kerry, I have my own transport so can travel within reason. I am well capable of flatwork and jumping, and have ridden a lot of different levels of horses over the years.

If anybody out there is looking for someone to exercise their horse, I'm available every evening after 6.30pm. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks
    Fumbles

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kristin Vollset

My name is Kristin Vollset. I am looking for a field for my horse in or close to Dublin. I need somewhere secure, not very expensive, and where he can be on his own.

I am also open for a horse share, as I do not have time to come out to him as often as I would like. He is very good natured and quiet, but also fast, and very good to jockey. Please contact me by email if you know of a field or if you are interested in a horse share. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fif200

Hi all.
    I have a stunning 16.2hh gelding available for share. This gelding has competed up to 1.10 with sjai, won open hunter trials and competed in one day events. He is not a novice ride as he is forward going. I would like to find an adult who would like to ride a few days a week and do some light competing. He is a perfect riding club horse. Due to work commitments I cannot ride him enough. He is stabled on full livery near Bandon. The yard has an indoor arena, an outdoor and plenty of hacking. The cost will be half the cost at 160p/m. I have transport for shows also.
    PM if interested.

Horse share offered in south county dublin. Fantastic 4 year irish sport horse with incredible potential. I need someone experienced with young horses and someone who loves jumping to work alongside with all the flatwork I am doing with her. 40 per wk for 3 days riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 odessa19

marley123 wrote: »
    Horse share offered in south county dublin. Fantastic 4 year irish sport horse with incredible potential. I need someone experienced with young horses and someone who loves jumping to work alongside with all the flatwork I am doing with her. 40 per wk for 3 days riding.

PM'd u marley:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

Horse share offered- North Wicklow/South County Dublin

Quiet, and kind 5 yr old ISH Gelding. 16.1hh.

I am looking for someone experienced especially with young horses who enjoys doing riding club events, and who will continue his schooling and have some fun.

He is stabled on a lovely small private yard near Enniskerry. Own transport essential.

Contribution towards livery and shoe expenses required.
    Please pm me for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭XxAshlingxX

I have an 14.2hh, 9 year old Irish Cob Gelding,Very good temperament who i am hopeing to stable in athlone.

He has done the following
    • Pony Club
    • Riding Club
    • Hunting
    • Cross Country
    • hunter trials
    • Beach Rides
    • Showjumping
    • Prix caprli
    • Showing
    • Suitable for a novice - advanced rider

100% honest pony

looking for someone ( small adult,child ect ) to share costs :)
    Pm me if your interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pedreschi

Hi there,

I am very interested in your horseshare. I am an experienced rider whom as a young girl competed in showing, driving and jumping, I used to teach many moons ago and worked in a yard for years. I moved away from Ireland for years so was not in the saddle for 12 years. I started back horse riding and the second time I went on a cross country for 2 hours on a very flightly horse, so I am very able and confident with a very soft hand if needed. to be honest I would need to brush up on my stable management skills if anything. I am 37 years of age and looking to ride for 2 maybe 3 days a week and maybe compete depending whats on offer. I live in the Dublin 18 area, so I am looking for stables nearby. If you are still interested, I would love to meet up to have a chat etc. this is my first time posting on boards.ie so not sure what the second step would be.

regards,

Sinead

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jenjen260

Hi there,
    I have a 6 year old 15 hand bay mare for share in the North Dublin area. I would be looking for someone to ride 3 days a week in return for half livery. She has a wonderful temperament, good flatwork and a good jump. I would prefer a competetive rider (not a must); she has been to training shows and riding club shows and did very well. Please PM me for more details. Thanks for looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ShadowBramby

Hi there,
    I am a 19 year old college student living in Leixlip who is looking to part share a horse preferably in the Maynooth/Celbridge/Clane area, I would be willing to go as far as Kill. I have been riding for 11 years and have leased a connemara pony for 6 months and then a 16.2hh TB for another 6 months. Since I started college, riding seemed to take a bit of a back seat but I now want to get back to riding on a regular basis. I am a very competent rider and I have experience riding difficult horses however I am not looking for a big project. I can help bring your horse on in both flatwork and jumping and I would also be interested in doing a bit of cross country also. I am not necessarily looking to compete but I wouldn't rule it out. I have a part time job so I would be willing to pay €40/45 a week towards livery fees for 3-4 days of riding in return. I would be looking to ride during the week as I work weekends which may benefit anyone who doesn't have the time to get up to their horse during the week. I would be open to a trial period as I know how difficult it can be to find a good match for both horse and rider. I will ride anything between 15hh and 17hh. If you are looking or know someone who is looking to part share their horse please dont hesitate to message me.
    Thanks,
    Orla. :)

Advertisement