Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PonyMum

paddi22 wrote: »
    Hi ponymum, were are you based?

Hi Paddi22,
    I'm based in Stepaside, so ideally looking for something around South Dublin/North Wicklow 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭paddi22

PonyMum wrote: »
    Hi Paddi22,
    I'm based in Stepaside, so ideally looking for something around South Dublin/North Wicklow 😊

ah, im in west wicklow, dunlavin, so probably too far a drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lu02

Hi all,

looking for a horse share in the Dublin area, just recently got into a bit of jumping and did my first competition where I jumped 60cm. I'd love to get a chance to practice this even further, so it would be very nice if you have an instructor visting the yard from time to time or something in that way. Although I don't mind hacking out and just doing flat work with them :)

As I do not have a car it would need to be possible to reach the stables/yard by public transport.

If there is anyone out there who is looking for a horse share I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,
    Luise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Hi Lu - there is a Facebook group for horse share/loan now - would recommend posting there too :) I think there are a few for share in Brooke Lodge in Stepaside.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1521690328086290/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 theponay

I am looking for a share of a pony between 14hh and 15hh (would go a few inches above or below) for my 11 year old daughter, in the North Dublin area. She is an intermediate - advanced rider.
    Looking for maybe 2 or 3 days a week with one day at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 PonyMum

ah, im in west wicklow, dunlavin, so probably too far a drive!

Thanks paddi, yes that is a bit too far unfortunately! Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gra456

Hi looking for a pony to share <snip> for 8 year old child who is riding for 2 years now.A pony who is gentle yet with some forwardness.I am experienced with horses so good home awaits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AliCob

Hi,

I'm new. I am moving to Kinsale for 6 months with work and am leaving my horses at home so I'm looking for a suitable equine to fill the huge gap! I will be available to share from December to May for 2-4 days per week.

I am an experienced horse owner with four horses. I train using classical in hand and ridden work and love hacking and beach rides. I'm used to handling youngsters and horses/ponies from 14hh to 16.3 hh. Please do get in touch if you need a sharer.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

looking for a horse share in cavan meath area. Need a quiet animal as iv been out of the saddle for a good few years. Looking for something 16hh min. Anything considered

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KevinFullenD

Hi, I am looking for a horse to share. I would pay for half the cost of livery and I am an intermediate rider so not a horse that is too strong. I would go out 2-3 days a week depending on your schedule and would care for the horse daily. I live in North Dublin but I can travel too. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 LNH86

I have a lovely 10yr old mare that I'm looking to share in Galway city. If anyone is interested please pm me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Archaeoliz

Hi, I'm look for a share in west Wicklow (Blessington, Valleymount, Ballyknockan, Lacken but I'm open to other areas close by). I'm getting back in the saddle after many years and two kids. Was once a reasonable rider but it's been a while so couldn't say how novice I would be by now. Would ideally like someone who needs help during the week and during school term time. Happy to contribute financially and muck out, turn out, change rugs, feed etc. Would also like someone who is happy for me to have lessons on their horse, so access to a school would be ideal. Please PM me if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Looking for a part-share for a friend in Boswell Equestrian, Ashford, Co.Wicklow.

9 year old, 17hh gelding for half share (3-4 days p/week). Solid all-rounder, good flatwork/jumping/cross-country. Amazing facility with three outdoor arenas, some hacking on site. Dressage/showjumping/derby competitions among others held onsite weekly.

He is a safe and solid but not a novice ride - endless opportunity for fun and progression for a competent adult rider.

Please PM me if interested or for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭paddi22

Archaeoliz wrote: »
    Hi, I'm look for a share in west Wicklow (Blessington, Valleymount, Ballyknockan, Lacken but I'm open to other areas close by). I'm getting back in the saddle after many years and two kids. Was once a reasonable rider but it's been a while so couldn't say how novice I would be by now. Would ideally like someone who needs help during the week and during school term time. Happy to contribute financially and muck out, turn out, change rugs, feed etc. Would also like someone who is happy for me to have lessons on their horse, so access to a school would be ideal. Please PM me if you're interested.

heya, pm'd you there

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Archaeoliz

heya, pm'd you there
    Sent one back with my mobile number... definitely interested! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

Hi

I have a lovely 16.1hh dark bay gelding for share. To be kept in current yard in Delgany, Co Wicklow. 5 minutes off the N11. No yard duties required as he is on full livery. Big sand arena, instructor on site, fantastic hacking. He is a forward going ride, and loves his work enjoying flatwork, jumping, fun rides-so only experienced riders please.
    Contribution towards costs required.
    Look forward to chatting with anyone interested further- Please private message me.
    Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Liloldme

Hi everyone, Just found this thread. I have just started back riding after nearly 10 years. I used to have my own pony through my teens and did a little show jumping and hunting back then. I also worked and helped out in local yards etc. I love being back around horses and after a few more weeks in lessons would be interested in horse share in the North Dublin area.

I was also thinking it would be great if there was an official website horseshare.ie or horseshare.com where people could search for people to share their horses with etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Liloldme wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Just found this thread. I have just started back riding after nearly 10 years. I used to have my own pony through my teens and did a little show jumping and hunting back then. I also worked and helped out in local yards etc. I love being back around horses and after a few more weeks in lessons would be interested in horse share in the North Dublin area.

I was also thinking it would be great if there was an official website horseshare.ie or horseshare.com where people could search for people to share their horses with etc.

There is a Facebook group for it - here it is

Well bred 16hh, 6 year old KWPN mare for share in her current yard in South Dublin. Yard has indoor/outdoor arenas and mare is on full livery.

Available 2-3 days per week. Over 18s only. She has lovely flatwork, and has excellent scope over a fence.

She would suit a competent rider looking for a talented, fun horse to ride in an excellent facility at a very competitive share price for what is on offer.

PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lizzyturner

Hi there,

I would be interested to speak with you re horse share. I have riding experience spanning 20 yrs approx and have done a number of shows in UK (dressage and showing). Id be very keen to chat further with you. mod edit: <snip>

Many thanks
    Liz

mod: Lizzy, I've removed your phone number as you never know who might be reading this forum! Silverfox can PM you with more information, and then you can decide whether or not you exchange contact details.

• Advertisement

Hi Lizzy,

I've sent you a PM there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 loopylimbo

Hi is horse still avaliable

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sophia Kril

Hi there
    My name is Sophia and I have a sister and we would both would like to horse share. We are 13 and 15. We currently ride in Carrickmines twice a week and are in an intermediate/advanced level.
    We have great experience with horses and had full livery on a horse over a year.
    My sister and I would love to horse share as we love just hanging around horses and want to improve our riding
    We would like to start sharing a horse from summer and onwards
    I am located in south of Dublin

Please let me know if you have a horse that you would like to share with us

Thanks Sophia

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eligh_183

Hi,

I am looking for a horse to share 3/4 days a week or loan. I am an experienced, female rider with 15+ years experience. Looking for a horse, 15hh - 16.3hh in Kildare (Maynooth/Leixlip/Celbridge area preferably) that can do a bit of everything. Would consider Meath area also. Happy to work with a horse who needs a bit of schooling.

I currently ride in a lovely riding school in Maynooth so ideally would move the horse to this yard if possible.

Please message me if you think you may have a horse that would suit.

Thanks,

Orla

Loopylimbo and butlerf, only saw your Pm's now and have replied.

Fantastic 14.3/15h 13 year old gelding for loan/share in his current yard in south Dublin. He is a real all rounder and has done a bit of everything, and loves his job! He has competed in riding club at intermediate level for show jumping and advanced primary dressage. He has also done a few hunter trials. He is good to catch, shoe and box. He loves to go hacking in company but not on his own. For loan for 6-8 months due to pregnancy.

Kept in fantastic yard in South Dublin - indoor and 2x outdoor arenas. Hacking nearby. Access to a variety of lessons in different disciplines from competitive, competent instructors. Would consider two people sharing - he is too good to be wasted in a field for 6-8 months!

PM for more info and pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Green 6 year old ID mare. Backed one year ago and riding. Sweet nature, up to weight, needs bringing on. Owner having trouble finding time at present due to work commitments. If someone in the midlands is interested, she's there for hacking on country roads, etc. Looking for a calm & competent rider who will put miles on the clock.... PM for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 5 loopylimbo

Fantastic 14.3/15h 13 year old gelding for loan/share in his current yard in south Dublin. He is a real all rounder and has done a bit of everything, and loves his job! He has competed in riding club at intermediate level for show jumping and advanced primary dressage. He has also done a few hunter trials. He is good to catch, shoe and box. He loves to go hacking in company but not on his own. For loan for 6-8 months due to pregnancy.

Kept in fantastic yard in South Dublin - indoor and 2x outdoor arenas. Hacking nearby. Access to a variety of lessons in different disciplines from competitive, competent instructors. Would consider two people sharing - he is too good to be wasted in a field for 6-8 months!

PM for more info and pictures.

Hi could u pm me details of how much and where is the yard in south dublin

loopylimbo wrote: »
    Hi could u pm me details of how much and where is the yard in south dublin

Pm'd you loopylimbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lizzyturner

Alliewags wrote: »
    I have a 16.2 lovely all rounder stabled up in stepaside Dublin 18, He's a real pet, I have recently had a baby so I'm looking for someone to horse share with me. Great facilities, big indoor ,two outdoors and a lovely area for hacking,nice cross country.
    there are two livery lessons a week that you can partake in too.
    Only reply to me if you're seriously interested as I want to get someone asap.
    Price on enquiry- I pay all vet and shoes. You'd need a car to get up there, just to you know! it's a bit of a walk from the nearest bus stop!

hi there are you still looking for a horse share?

Advertisement