Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tpsuperstar

VinnyJ2010 wrote: »
    Hi

Indy looks great and if he is still available for horse share I would be very interested. My background is pony competing in working hunter and dressage. I am based in Leopardstown and have a car. Approx 5 ft 7 - 9.5 stone.
    Look forward to hearing from you
    VinnyJ
    Hi Vinny - thanks for interest - but we have found a home for him now - if I had gotten a PM from you it would have been better - I dont check the thread that often. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tpsuperstar

Indy has now found a wonderful home - thanks
    Indy is a well-mannered 15.2hh grey Connemara X TB gelding. A Schoolmaster in dressage, he also adores mini/midi jumping. Hes a total gentleman with an affectionate & sparky personality. At 21 (but going on 4) he has done it all from competing in the RDS, Sidesaddle & is currently a volunteer with Riding for the Disabled.

We hope to find someone interested in dressage, showing & hacking rather than the tougher demands of hunting or X-country. Indy would be an excellent teacher to an advancing rider.. he knows all the moves!
    Perfect to catch, shoe, clip, box, & he loves going to shows, where he's a real show-off in the arena.:cool:

He is family owned, but between returning to college & other commitments, we are unable to give him the time or exercise he truly deserves.

Indy is stabled in Brooke Lodge in Stepaside. We are looking for someone who can commit to ride Indy a couple of times a week on a regular basis, for a small share in the livery costs...

Interested? please <snip> PM the poster or post in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GroomToGo

Hi, I have 3 horses for share. First one is a Skewbald 15.1hh bombprof. Jumping,xcountry,dressage,hunting,hacking alone or in company .You name it he do it .Hes 10 years old and he loves his job.he really is a superstar
    Next is Skewbald mare 6 year old. Need more advance rider. She has a great jump. LOvely mare wit a lovely paces.You fall in love when u see her.
    And a 13 years old gelding dark bay Nice and quiet. Jumping ,hacking and xcountry.
    Yard have arena and great places for hacking.Probably non of this horses suitable for a beginner as some horse knowledge would be required.Would also consider someone who would like to ride 2/3 /4days a week.
    P m for any queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭okdune

I was shoved onto a horse when I was pretty much a baby, always loved it. University and work over last few years caused me to fall off the wagon and I realise now how much I miss it.

So - if anyone out there has a horse share, I would be thrilled to hear about it. I am based in Dublin and willing to travel, not too far!

I am a 29 year old female, fit and confident rider.

Really look forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tizzyowner

I would love someone to ride any one of my three, out at grass and doing very little in north Sligo. Would also consider sharing/loaning to someone who could put them up in Dublin, depending on reaching a reasonable agreement.

I have:

12h scewbald gelding, 6 or 7 years old, very sweet but a bit green and hasn't been ridden nearly enough. Would need either a reasonably experienced child or an inexperienced child with a parent who knew what they were doing - or an exceptionally small adult! He very quiet never bites, kicks etc and is presently starved of the human attention he so enjoys.

14 hands black cob (not heavy or hairy at all but sort of cobby in build) gelding about 14 years old. This lad really knows his business, only flaw he can be a bit heavy in the head so needs someone with a bit of authority, not experienced exactly but not going to go to pieces if he tries to go his own way. Having said that all my children have ridden him from a fairly inexperienced level. This pony LOVES to jump a course of fences and I swear knows his own way around any course you put him to so would really suit someone getting going with SJ. He'd also suit a light-ish adult (used to ride him myself and sadly don't fall particularly succesfully into description 'light-ish' and he managed well enough but with hind-sight I was a bit too much for him).

Fabulous 15.3 bay mare 9 years old. Very sweet and willing, lovely light mouth and very keen to please but needs a rider with a good seat as she can be a bit spooky - never bolts or bucks or anything but will take a little jump sideways with very little provocation or warning. She particularly good for dressage, has really brought me on when I have set aside enough time to ride her regularly. She can also jump. She great in sense that can be pulled out of field, not having been ridden for ages - never throws a buck etc.

Please note I don't wish to sell any of these horses or to make any money out of them. We have moved to Dublin and I can't really justify cost of livery at mo bearing in mind numerous other commitments. Would certainly consider bearing all ancillary costs if someone could offer them a field in Dublin or North Wicklow and we could share riding - or if anyone has another suggestion to run by me please get in touch. Or if anyone in Sligo looking for free riding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

okdune and vinnyj2010 - i've pm'd you both, have a horse that might suit one of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rosie24

I'm Living in Cork having just started University here, however I have been living and working with horses for the past few years and Im missing it desperatly.....
    I'm looking to ride a couple of times a week and am happy riding out or in the school,
    Please let me know if anyone is looking for someone to help keep their horse exercised and looked after, Ive mostly been riding a 14hh bullet of a pony for the past 2 years but Im happy on anything!!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Koda

Hi All,

Looking for sharer for my fantastic 16h mare. She's stabled in Stepaside South Dublin, great facilities including big indoor arena. Mare is brill at everything, very well schooled, loves hacking, no vices. Looking for a capable rider to share half livery 3 days a week. Link to her ad is here: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/horses/1691529
    If you're a capable rider, PM me if interested. Thanks! :)
    PM

Hi Everyone, looking for someone to share my fantastic sport horse mare.
    The Horse (!):
    She is 15.2, fantastic manners both in the stable and the arena, eager to please and LOVES to be ridden. lovely paces and great flatwork, works in a nice outline, great collection and extension, starting to do nice lead changes now as well as bringing on her lateral work. truly brilliant jumper - one of the most honest horses i have had the pleasure to ride; she has jumped up to 1.30 with me at home and is now doing registered metre courses. she is a wonderful cross country horse, absolutely adores it and pretty much nothing phases her. excellent to hack out too. she is an irish sport horse (king of diamonds breeding) and is a bit of a looker as well as being great to ride!

The Yard:
    Stabled in a wonderful yard in south Dublin on full livery. Large floodlit indoor arena with stables adjoined so no getting soaked and frozen in the winter! full set of show jumps and fillers. outdoor arena too and miles and miles of hacking, as well as plenty of people to hack out with! qualified instructor on site, and since i compete regularly with her plenty of opportunity to go to shows and get competing if you are interested in that. busy private livery yard with a great atmosphere - always someone around to give a hand or just for a chat, starting up our own riding club this year as well. yard is also late opening (usually til about 10.30pm).

The Cost:
    I'm looking for someone to do 2 or 3 days a week, flexible enough on days as well as I'm in college at the moment. The cost is 40 euro per week.

PM me for details/photos/videos if you think you might be interested! and please PLEASE no timewasters, this is a wonderful horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gra456

Hi has anyone got a pony which is 14hh upwards available for me and my daughter to ride and take care off. I have lots of experience and my 10 year is a good rider but the pony would still need to be easy to handle etc.Would consider a pony kept at grass since we might be only available 2 ride 3 times a week.

• Advertisement

Hi is this horse still available. Might be interested.I have lots of experience having owned horses in the past.Where is the yard located near?pm me if it suits you

gra456 wrote: »
    Hi is this horse still available. Might be interested.I have lots of experience having owned horses in the past.Where is the yard located near?pm me if it suits you

yes she is gra456! tried to pm you but they dont seem to be working, i can receive them but they dont seem to send! do you want to pm me your number and i can ring you in the morning? sorry about the fuss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

PM'ed you Silverfox88.

hi doctorevil tried ringing you a few times over this week, could you get in touch with me? thanks!

hi just pmed you re meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Looking for a horse to share in Wexford, something over 15.2hh. I have 3 horses myself but they are at home which is 3 hours away :( Have done XCountry, SJ and Hunting, would be intermediate/advanced intermetiate level at riding club. PM me for more details if you have something :)

Would be willing to pay half livery for right horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 disneymum

disneymum wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am looking for a horse to share in the North Cork area. Anywhere from Glanmire - Kilworth, Ballyhooly to Lisgoold. I have 20+ years experience including Eventing to 2** CCI. Was a Vet's hand in a large racing yard in the UK about 10 years ago and I've got fairly good shovelling s**t skills. 3 kids later I have put on weight so horse would need to be 16hh min or a heavy boned 15.2+

Can follow any work you need done, am a fan of school work and my forte used to be troublesome horses so I don't mind a challenge!

Thanks

Hello again all horse lovers!!

I am still looking for a loan/share of a horse here in Cork. Anyone have anything out there that needs a bit of work. Have a possible yard share with 2 stables (for me) and 34 acres (shared).

Please PM me if you have something.

DM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

Wonderful kind-natured 15.2 gelding with great paces and a cracking jump. I'm leaving the country in April for 6-12 months and would much rather loan than sell. Looking for someone in Dublin to share him until April and loan thereafter if it suited.

Never bucks/rears, he was broken late for polo and didn't have the temperament for it - he can get hot and a bit anxious when jumping xc or when he's cantering with others, I think he must have been overfaced when jumping poles aswell as he can get a bit tense at times. Loosejumping he springs over 1.40 no problem, I've only jumped him to 1.15 riding.

I've been doing my best but have been plagued with an ankle injury, lack of money for an experienced instructor and bad weather conditions! Gentlest temperament I've seen in a horse and he tries hard, lovely paces and very brave. He's kept in Kilternan up past Killegar if you'd like to try him once the snow clears. Experienced riders only, wouldn't suit someone getting back into riding as he requires sensitive hands and an independent seat. Must be over 18. Really fun and rewarding ride, not as tough as I've made him sound, I just want the right kind of rider for him!

Sharing would be €25 a week to ride 2/3 days, possibly free for someone experienced enough to give me lessons if it suited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

Hi, Looking to share horse, must be strong 16hnds plus in meath, west dublin area. looking for all rounder draught type. must be quiet suitable for novice, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BeeGib

Hi I have a lovely irish draught type gelding, 17 years young and retired from hunting but very young at heart. Sensible fellow with plenty to give. I don't really know how Boards works but I am in Meath if you want to contact me through Forum and you are welcome to see hime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 leather

Hi,
    I have a 15.2 full connemara gelding who I keep at livery near Tullamore. He is quiet and willing but still green as regards schooling, he is rising 5 this year. I would like a nice kind quiet rider to share him with me as he really has a wonderful personality and I do not want to change this. Maybe someone who has not time for their own horse but would still like to ride a few times a week, or someone thinking about getting their own horse and wanting experience first might suit. There are loads of quiet roads for hacking where he is, canal paths, forestry, a sand arena. He is very quiet on the road and unphased by dogs, tractors, other horses etc. I will be bringing him to various shows this year where I hope to show him in hunter classes and jump, 80 or 90cm so the opportunity to compete also for the right person, if they wished.
    The reason I am looking for someone to share him with me is that I will more than likely have to go overseas for 6months at some stage in the coming year (army) and I would like for someone to be used to him by then so that they could continue riding him while I am away.
    Please PM me for further details if you have an interest,
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MarissaW

Hi everyone!
    I'm 24 year old, female, from Holland and now moved since a few weeks to Maynooth Co. Kildare.
    I'm looking for a horse to ride in the surrounding of Maynooth.
    I do own a car, so that could help!
    I started horse riding when I was 5 years old, since then I have been riding several pony's for a stable where I worked, and from the age of 16 I stepped over on horses.
    I jumped before, but lost my confidence a bit. So the last few years I have put all my energy in dressage. In which I brought a young horse out in competition.

In Holland I was riding 5 times a week, so it's a big change now, doing almost nothing..
    So if anyone is looking for help, or has a horse that most be ridden, it doesn't have to be a sporthorse
    One thing, the horse most not be smaller then 16.0hh, i'm pretty tall
    I will be able 2 (maybe 3) times a week..

Just contact me!!

Greets Marissa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 oopsadaisy

Hi, I have a lovely 6 yr old 15.1 coloured mare for share. This mare has a super temperment. She is kind and willing and would be suitable for most riders with some degree of experience. She loves to jump and is completely trustworthy. She is on full livery in a yard in Kinsealy, North County Dublin, close to Portmarnock, Malahide and Swords. I have a new baby and so can no longer justify the cost when I can only ride once or twice a week. I am looking for someone who would like to ride 1 - 3 times a week. Livery costs apply, I pay shoes, worming etc. She is not of heavy build so would not be suitable for the larger rider. Please PM for further details. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

MarissaW wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    I'm 24 year old, female, from Holland and now moved since a few weeks to Maynooth Co. Kildare.
    I'm looking for a horse to ride in the surrounding of Maynooth.
    I do own a car, so that could help!
    I started horse riding when I was 5 years old, since then I have been riding several pony's for a stable where I worked, and from the age of 16 I stepped over on horses.
    I jumped before, but lost my confidence a bit. So the last few years I have put all my energy in dressage. In which I brought a young horse out in competition.

In Holland I was riding 5 times a week, so it's a big change now, doing almost nothing..
    So if anyone is looking for help, or has a horse that most be ridden, it doesn't have to be a sporthorse
    One thing, the horse most not be smaller then 16.0hh, i'm pretty tall
    I will be able 2 (maybe 3) times a week..

Just contact me!!

Greets Marissa

Sent you a PM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

Hi guys, still looking for someone to take on my gelding, I'm going away in March for 6-12 months so I'd hate to see him sitting in a field. The yard where I have him now in Kilternan is €25 a week for grass livery with use of all facilities but you could keep him wherever you wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bvrcos7XDg&feature=player_embedded

I've had a lot of interest in him but from the wrong people. He's not suitable for a teenager, needs ONE person to ride him and isn't to be used purely as a hunter. Jumped at Boswell, hunted and competed at hunter trials, very brave and fast. Done lots of hacking. Loose-jumps 1.40+, great jump. Can shoulder in, change leads.

Never bucks/rears, not spooky and very safe on road, lovely temperament, just needs more experience with poles. I'd say he was overfaced, can get excited when jumping (see video though he has improved vastly since then). Has also gained condition, he's only about 60% TB though he looks more in the vids as they're from last autumn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_WU3E4EPNs

Ridden in snaffle. Good walk and beautiful canter. Responsive, balanced and intelligent, very rewarding ride. No vices whatsoever, complete gentleman to handle. Person MUST be over 18 and under 12st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Hi guys my name is Jennifer, I'm 19 and looking for a horse share. I'm a light 5ft6ish so need a horse no smaller than 15.2 I'd need. Looking for one around north dublin area, I'm based in swords.

I'm a experienced rider and have no preference of personality, I enjoy the challenging ones! Trying to get back into riding after a break from it but I have no interest in returning to lessons. Don't mind how many days a week I ride, but can't afford a lot as I'm a student. Feel free to contact me ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GEMMAGREENE

Tizzyowner wrote: »
    I would love someone to ride any one of my three, out at grass and doing very little in north Sligo. Would also consider sharing/loaning to someone who could put them up in Dublin, depending on reaching a reasonable agreement.

I have:

12h scewbald gelding, 6 or 7 years old, very sweet but a bit green and hasn't been ridden nearly enough. Would need either a reasonably experienced child or an inexperienced child with a parent who knew what they were doing - or an exceptionally small adult! He very quiet never bites, kicks etc and is presently starved of the human attention he so enjoys.

14 hands black cob (not heavy or hairy at all but sort of cobby in build) gelding about 14 years old. This lad really knows his business, only flaw he can be a bit heavy in the head so needs someone with a bit of authority, not experienced exactly but not going to go to pieces if he tries to go his own way. Having said that all my children have ridden him from a fairly inexperienced level. This pony LOVES to jump a course of fences and I swear knows his own way around any course you put him to so would really suit someone getting going with SJ. He'd also suit a light-ish adult (used to ride him myself and sadly don't fall particularly succesfully into description 'light-ish' and he managed well enough but with hind-sight I was a bit too much for him).

Fabulous 15.3 bay mare 9 years old. Very sweet and willing, lovely light mouth and very keen to please but needs a rider with a good seat as she can be a bit spooky - never bolts or bucks or anything but will take a little jump sideways with very little provocation or warning. She particularly good for dressage, has really brought me on when I have set aside enough time to ride her regularly. She can also jump. She great in sense that can be pulled out of field, not having been ridden for ages - never throws a buck etc.

Please note I don't wish to sell any of these horses or to make any money out of them. We have moved to Dublin and I can't really justify cost of livery at mo bearing in mind numerous other commitments. Would certainly consider bearing all ancillary costs if someone could offer them a field in Dublin or North Wicklow and we could share riding - or if anyone has another suggestion to run by me please get in touch. Or if anyone in Sligo looking for free riding.
    Hi would be interested in loaning your 15.3h mare,She'd be kept in north Dublin in a nice place...PM me your nuber and ill get back to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 godanicus

Hi guys, im looking for someone to share a horse with in the carlow area, either someone looking to buy one or if you have one and would like someone to share livery costs with you. I am a capable rider and have experience but the way things are at the moment i couldnt justify the full expense of keeping one on my own unfortunately.
    It might suit someone currently with a horse but needing help looking after it, or someone looking to get one but like me would like to share the expense.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

cookerj wrote: »
    Hi guys, still looking for someone to take on my gelding, I'm going away in March for 6-12 months so I'd hate to see him sitting in a field. The yard where I have him now in Kilternan is €25 a week for grass livery with use of all facilities but you could keep him wherever you wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bvrcos7XDg&feature=player_embedded

I've had a lot of interest in him but from the wrong people. He's not suitable for a teenager, needs ONE person to ride him and isn't to be used purely as a hunter. Jumped at Boswell, hunted and competed at hunter trials, very brave and fast. Done lots of hacking. Loose-jumps 1.40+, great jump. Can shoulder in, change leads.

Never bucks/rears, not spooky and very safe on road, lovely temperament, just needs more experience with poles. I'd say he was overfaced, can get excited when jumping (see video though he has improved vastly since then). Has also gained condition, he's only about 60% TB though he looks more in the vids as they're from last autumn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_WU3E4EPNs

Ridden in snaffle. Good walk and beautiful canter. Responsive, balanced and intelligent, very rewarding ride. No vices whatsoever, complete gentleman to handle. Person MUST be over 18 and under 12st.
    Hey there have you managed to find someone to share your horse yet? If not Id be interested, Im 27 (under 12st :-) ). Started riding when I was 10 up until I was about 22, have recently started to get back into it, taking my mums horse out for hacks (she lives an hour away so can only get out to her on the weekends). Would like to have lessons again and mainly hacking out on the roads and maybe a bit of showjumping. I used to keep a horse up in Kilternan, so I know and love the area. Let me know if your interested. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 godanicus

godanicus wrote: »
    Hi guys, im looking for someone to share a horse with in the carlow area, either someone looking to buy one or if you have one and would like someone to share livery costs with you. I am a capable rider and have experience but the way things are at the moment i couldnt justify the full expense of keeping one on my own unfortunately.
    It might suit someone currently with a horse but needing help looking after it, or someone looking to get one but like me would like to share the expense.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!!! :)

Anyone in carlow area like help with their horse, either riding or sharing costs on livery give me a shout. I would be delighted to help out!! :)

Advertisement