Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

A friend of mine has a fantastic horse available for share in the south dublin area:
    16.2 HH Bay Gelding for half livery

All rounder Irish Sport Horse, 9 years old. honest and Well mannered. needs a confident capable rider. not suitable for beginner as onward going but controlable and ridden in a snaffle. friendly relaxed atmosphere at yard always someone to help. Stabled in a livery yard in Rathfarnham, Dublin 16 which holds a large indoor and two outdoor arenas. Yard is open until 10pm every night.

he is available for 2 days a week for €50 per week. days are flexible. would consider 2 friends sharing for 4 days a week for €100 which covers livery, feeding and shoeing

PM me (silverfox!) for more info and i can get you in touch with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 godanicus

godanicus wrote: »
    Anyone in carlow area like help with their horse, either riding or sharing costs on livery give me a shout. I would be delighted to help out!! :)

Still willing to help out/pay for a horse around the carlow area!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 godanicus

Hmmmm... anyone??

fantastic 15.2 mare for share, current sharer leaving the country. super horse, currently jumping 1m courses, lovely paces and flatwork and carries herself in a lovely outline. excellent cross country, opportunity to compete as well. kept in a yard in south dublin, large floodlit indoor, two outdoor arenas, hacking nearby. busy livery yard, great atmosphere and friendly people, late opening.

cost is €45 per week and she is on full livery.

PM me for more info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pearliewhite

Silverfox88 I wish this ad was for the Mayo area! :(

• Advertisement

how do feel about the commute pearliewhite?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pearliewhite

haha that'd be some commute! typical bad timing - actually lived in south dublin for 4 years during college!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 arbourhill

Hi im 17 years old intermediate rider im looking forward to share horse with some one in dublin area Not too far from city center as im not driving Horse suitable for dressage and jumping 15hh or more Would consider riding 2-3 days a week I can help with muckin out and feeding No more than 45e a week as im student!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

16.2 Horse available for share in North County Dublin, ex Racehorse, not a novice ride. Stabled in Private yard, outdoor arena and lots of quiet hacking.

Available 2 days during week and one day at weekends. Opportunity for suitable rider to compete if they want.

PM please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rainy02

Hi all,

Hopefully you'll be able to help me. I currently live in the city and I'm looking to getting back into riding. I used to work with horses full time for 5/6 years, breaking and schooling horses to a high standard. I also got to train and ride for some of Ireland's top riders. At the moment I don't have a horse and currently can't afford to keep one in livery but I'm willing to offer my skills and to school horses for free. I'm just wondering if any of you may know of someone/somewere near the city who might have a horse/s who are in need of schooling and their owners don't have the time due to other commitments.

If you know of anyone please send me a message.

Thanks!
    Rainy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 buster68

Looking for a horse to exercise... Have a lot of experience of xc/hunting/showing. But have had a break for a while and now just want to exercise a horse now and again. Does anyone in the Kildare area need a hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 s.k.1988

HI,

is there anyone who is willing to share his/her horse with me? I am goint to live in the Area og Killarney/Rathmore and I havn't been riding for a few years. I just want to try it again.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 arbourhill

I would be intrested in volunteer work as i love horses and i dont afford riding classes. I'm intermediate rider. Grew up with horses back in poland. I have good experience in stable care.

I can do jobs involving general stable duties such as mucking out, grooming, changing rugs, bringing in and turning out horses, sweeping and tidying yards and more for no more than few hours of riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gosia G

Hi All,

I'm currently looking for a horse to exercise but instead of livery costs I can offer my experiance (from 3 European Countries I worked with different kind of horses). The last 6 years (in Ireland) had few sport horses to manage in a training, shows and other events. If someone interested to have a free help on South Side, let me know.

Gosia.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

Hi
    where in kildare are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gosia G

Hi Eorna
    I'm living in Dublin, south side Clondalkin, Tallagh this side, Kildare would be a bit too far for me, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

Hi buster68 I've sent you a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Incaa

I have a stunning black 16h mare for half livery. She has done it all, showjumping, dressage and cross country. Would suit a lady rider/teenager. Ideal for those interested in dressage as she has very good flat work. Hacks out alone and in company. She is kept in a well run livery yard in South Dublin. Yard has a big indoor and an outdoor. Half share would be 3 days per week, flexibility on which days - €50.
    Please contact me for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SuperShar

Is there anyone interested in sharing a 17hh ISH located in Newport, Tipperary? Owner lives in Limerick, Ireland. Looking for a competent rider willing to spilt livery fees if the horse was moved into Limerick? SUPER horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SuperShar

horse share available - 8 yo knock out! Any in the lim/tipp/clare area cmon!!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone, due to exams and general lack of organisational skills im reposting this as i just didnt have the opportunity to meet people and get sorted.

fantastic 15.2 mare for share, current sharer leaving the country. super horse, currently jumping 1m courses, lovely paces and flatwork and carries herself in a lovely outline. excellent cross country, opportunity to compete as well as i have my own transport. kept in a yard in south dublin, large floodlit indoor, large outdoor arena, hacking nearby. busy livery yard, great atmosphere and friendly people, late opening. she is on full livery and livery share cost is very reasonable. have had several sharers in the past a number of whom haved moved on to having their own horses in the same yard so can provide a "reference" of sorts as to both mine and the horse's character!!

PM me for more info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sinead.Behan

Hi Guys
    Im looking for a suitable person to Share/Lease my 5 yr old 16.3hh mare Belle, she is stabled near Rathangan Co Kildare where she will be staying.
    She is available to someone who has a high level of riding and flat work. She has a lot of potential espechially in dressage / eventing but she will need schooling as she is still a bit green.
    She is a very sweet natured mare who is very willing to work and learn and who picks up new things very quickly. There is no dirt in her, she doesnt buck, rear or nap. She hacks out alone or in company.
    She will also be schooled once per week by an international dressage rider who is also available for lessons.
    Only for lease as i am pregnant and unable to give her the work / time she needs.
    I also own a horsebox which is parked in the yard and available to take her to shows / schooling etc.
    Available up to 5 days a week. Whatever suits.

The yard she is based in is a small quiet livery yard, ( no queing for the arena ) It has great facilities which include a 60 x 30 mtr arena ( sand/rubber mix ) with a full set of show jumps. Small cross country course. 17 acres of fields for riding / grazing. Large stables in an American barn with Rubber floors and Automatic Water. Wash bay with high powered hose. Coffee room secure tack room.

Owners living on site. Vet and Farrier 10 mins away.

I am living 5 mins away.

€40 per week all in ( I will cover shoeing, vets etc )

Pictures Available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 axel&taz

hi all,
    looking for someone to share my beautiful 16hh, 12 year old TB with. He's an absolute gentleman and very chilled for an TB. He's stabled in Blessington at the moment but i would consider moving him to another yard in the surrounding area if needed.
    He's not a novice ride but never rears or bucks and has plenty of go in him. Has been at grass for a while so needs some time and attention which i'm struggling to give at the mo as i'm workin too. I would require someone to pay half of the livery costs of wherever he's stabled, i will pay for shoes and vet. And in return you will have him half of the week. we can discuss particular days.
    He really is great fun, PM me for more details or to come have a look. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SusieP

Incaa wrote: »
    I have a stunning black 16h mare for half livery. She has done it all, showjumping, dressage and cross country. Would suit a lady rider/teenager. Ideal for those interested in dressage as she has very good flat work. Hacks out alone and in company. She is kept in a well run livery yard in South Dublin. Yard has a big indoor and an outdoor. Half share would be 3 days per week, flexibility on which days - €50.
    Please contact me for more information.

Hi Incaa... have you still got her? Whereabouts in south dublin? I'm very interested!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SusieP

Hey everyone... I've been riding for the last 19 years and I have both owned and shared horses in the past. I am currently looking for a horse to share in the south dublin/north wicklow area. Anything from 15.2 upwards would suit me, preferably something a little bit lively that likes to jump etc but I will also school it on the flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jamtastic

I am considering buying a horse this winter but livery fees in Dublin are fairly steep and I'm probably not able to do horse-riding every day. So horse sharing could be ideal for me.
    But... I am wondering how easy is it to find a horse share or to find somebody to share livery costs in return for half a weeks riding. It's hard to tell from this thread what the success rate is of those posting here.
    Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

jamtastic wrote: »
    I am considering buying a horse this winter but livery fees in Dublin are fairly steep and I'm probably not able to do horse-riding every day. So horse sharing could be ideal for me.
    But... I am wondering how easy is it to find a horse share or to find somebody to share livery costs in return for half a weeks riding. It's hard to tell from this thread what the success rate is of those posting here.
    Thanks for your help!

I know this may come across as being quite harsh, but if you are worried about the costs of owning a horse, and haven't got the time to dedicate to your horse during the week, then maybe owning a horse isn't a committment you're in a position to make just at the moment.

Maybe a horse-share (you being the person who's sharing with the horse owner) might suit you better at the moment. That way you could get a taste of things without actually having the full committment of owning a horse. It might also give you the chance to put some more money aside so that when you are in a better position to own a horse you would be in a better financial position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jamtastic

Well, my financial situation is not relevant here. I already own a broodmare kept in livery outside of dublin. I am just looking for a sustainable model of keeping a riding horse in Dublin.
    I noticed that there were more people on this thread advertising their interest in horse share than those advertising horses for share. So I'm interested to hear what people's experience has been on either side.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JennaJameson

Hi all,

I'm an experienced, confident 20-year-old rider with experience working as staff in riding schools. I'm returning to riding after a break for leaving cert and college, and would like a horse to share in Cavan/Meath.

Plenty of experience caring for and riding difficult/young horses and stallions. Largely looking for a horse to help me remember what I used to know and to take good care of ahead of BHS exams.

PM me if there's any chance your horse may be suitable. I'm 5'7 and light so ponies also sort of suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I am looking to share my 15'2 half Connemara cob, easy ride and a nice jump too. About 13-14 years old but lots of energy, stabled in North County Dublin in a large yard with indoor arena and two outdoor arena's. Flexible on days

5EB4B3BA542A43EF9B18C1F29730B5FC.jpg

Advertisement