Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Mortgage

Options
  • 31-01-2009 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Got what was a good deal at the time for a fixed 2 year mortgage. Now things have changed and want to see if I can change it for a better one. Called up and was told the penalty for changing (was massive 13g). Is there a way around this?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    Got what was a good deal at the time for a fixed 2 year mortgage. Now things have changed and want to see if I can change it for a better one. Called up and was told the penalty for changing (was massive 13g). Is there a way around this?

It was fixed for a reason. It was a gamble many people took. If the interest rates got massive would you be looking to change then?

I'm in the same boat. I'm happy to wait till my 2 year runs out and as soon as it does I'll be shopping around for something better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭celt262

bobbyjoe wrote: »

Im in the same boat was going to ring them up to see if there was a way to change but dont think i will bother now.

Advertisement