Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google - this site may harm...

Options
  • 31-01-2009 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Just a quick one to see if anyone else is seeing this today.

Every single site returned in any google search I've done today is showing "this site may harm your computer". Just to note for anyone seeing a drop in traffic through google, it does make using google virtually useless at the moment.

There are some mentions of it out there when doing a quick search so it's not just me.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it's fixed now. I'm not getting it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Yes, does look better now but worth keeping in mind for anyone who has seen a drop in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Had this too, was very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I was appalling earlier. Anything I search was coming up as a threat. I type in my local parish church's website and that is apparently a harmful website (might be right haha!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Yes it's fixed now, but for those who missed the "picture" you can see a screenshot here:

http://www.eire-webdesign.ie/blog/2009/01/31/google-seems-to-think-that-all-sites-are-harmful/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I type in my local parish church's website and that is apparently a harmful website (might be right haha!).

You should probably report that to the HSE/The Guards....

But on a serious note, doesnt firefox takes it list of harmful sites from Google?? If this was a full widespread problem it would probably hijack everyones firefox with that stupid red warning screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I presume that either the lists are kept seperate, or the issue was resolved before many or any of the clients were updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Was a widespread problem...caused by 'Human Error'

BBC News

Advertisement