Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to get food near croke park

Options
  • 31-01-2009 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I'm going to the georgia vs ireland match and I want to know which is the best place to get some food.

suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

My local http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/kavanaghsthetemple.html

Im starting to sound like a shill for this place, but, Personally I think its the best place for food in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Try Fagans It has to be good its Bertie's local.
    Just avoid Frier Tuck if your looking for Fast Food

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Try Smyths on Fairview Strand, only about 10 mins walk away - very good food indeed!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Independent pizza company beside Drumcondra train station/quinns pub is good for pizza, pasta etc or Fagans for carvery style stuff but its a ten minute further walk to Croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

+1 Independant Pizza Co.

Also for kebabs "Some Like It Hot" beside Quinns pub, both in Drumcondra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mrsliamo

Carthys (the Ivy House) opposite the Skylon Hotel on drumcondra road does excellent food. I eat there regularly and have never been disappointed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not sure if it's still open, as it's in the location of death restaurant-wise, but Soikoth at the bottom of Clonliffe Road does pretty nice Bengali/Indian food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

if you want 10 mins - up whitworth road you could try Smyths of Phibsboro. I absolutely love the food there. Really good food, loads of it and not expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

Porterhouse North at the top of whitworth rd is excellent,Try the buffalo wings(hot) you'll love em !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

fagans = lovely carvery food

independent pizza = nice italian, nice pizza's, good restauraunt all round. book now though, it does be jammers on match days.

carthys or the ivy house = a nicer then average bar menu, a step up from a bar menu

il corvo = nice italian, tad expensive though for the food you get

porterhouse north = pub grub, liked it the first few times i went, not so much anymore.

some like it hot = abrakebabra with a different name

airport take away beside the viscount = nicest chipper known to man (also voted the nicest chipper on the adrian kenneddy (***ker) phone show)

my favourite...
    dall'italia harts corner glasnevin = quality italian food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Táck wrote: »
    airport take away beside the viscount = nicest chipper known to man (also voted the nicest chipper on the adrian kenneddy (***ker) phone show)

Hardly close to Croker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i wasnt really aiming at the original poster, as they did say restaurant.

i was more aiming it to the masses who will be in the are over the next year, especially the northys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

What stand will you be in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

How about Nikala? It's a Georgian restaurant on Talbot St. so it might be good for a laugh.

Advertisement