Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Speed Question

Options
  • 31-01-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a network question. I usually have uTorrent running on my PC downloading at least one 'piece of work' at a time, say 80-100MB. Do any of you know if it slows down the network speed if I have many running? I know there are other people in my house doing the same, i.e. having uTorrent running downloading stuff.

Also, you can put a limit on the Upload Rate. Does this have any effect on the network speed? I have 3MB wireless broadband.

Any help is welcome!

Jeff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Surely someone knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yes it can, having too many connections can swamp your router also filling your upload will kill your download. Don't run many torrents together, 2 is a enough, limit the total upload to less than 80% of your upload speed and limit the connections per torrent

here's a calculator

Advertisement