Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluesoleil 6.4.245.0 & Nokia PC suite

• 31-01-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

I have recently installed Bluesoleil 6.4.245.0 and have managed to transfer files between my laptop and mobile phones. However, when I try to download contacts form our phones to back them up to the laptop, I am asked to download the Nokia PC suite. This appeared to be fine, but when I checked the requirements it was only for Windows XP and I'm running Windows 2000.
    Is there a Win2K version of this sort of thing anywhere that is free?

TIA,

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Download the new one, and run it in compatibility mode for windows 2000.

Or if you wanted to download the old version 6.6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Sounds good.

Is this 'compatibility mode' in windows 2000 or in the PC Suite software?

kleefarr wrote: »
    Sounds good.

Is this 'compatibility mode' in windows 2000 or in the PC Suite software?

When you download the program, just click the compatibility tab in the properties. Then you can select what operating system to run the program for.

Great. Thanks.

I'll let you now how it goes.

Well 6.6 didn't work too well.

Installed ok I think but when I tried to connect it showed my USB dongle but no bluetooth link available. Just Wired or Infrared.

Downloading a newer version now.

• Advertisement

Nope...tried version 7.07 and version 7.0 and both said 'operating system not supported' when I tried to install them.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Well 6.6 didn't work too well.

Installed ok I think but when I tried to connect it showed my USB dongle but no bluetooth link available. Just Wired or Infrared.

Did you have your phone paired at the time? Try having it paired and then check

Tried with both laptop and phone paired, paired and connected but nothing showing in the connections options for bluetooth. Maybe my Dongle isn't compatible with it?

Anyway, have given up for tonight. Will try again tomorrow.

Advertisement