Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Slow speed today

Options
  • 31-01-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey guys im getting 312kbps on speed test when i usually get 8000kbps!

Anyone else suffering slow speeds today on BT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Well anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

BT off today in parts of the West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Actually mine is much better today. From 300 ms to google last week back to < 100ms. Looks like outage in your area made better speeds here :|

trompele wrote: »
    Actually mine is much better today. From 300 ms to google last week back to < 100ms. Looks like outage in your area made better speeds here :|

Im in cork! Its nearly as slow as dialup... 12kbps downloading is what im getting...AFAIK dialup is 5?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Yep i'm in Dublin 15, have the 7.6mb package. It's clocking in it around 300-400kbps as opposed to 8000. Going to ring them on Monday and see what the story is. It has been like this all weekend for me

Also, when I go to speedtest.net it tells me my 'recommended' test server is Limerick. Hmmmm

• Advertisement

JoeyD wrote: »
    Yep i'm in Dublin 15, have the 7.6mb package. It's clocking in it around 300-400kbps as opposed to 8000. Going to ring them on Monday and see what the story is. It has been like this all weekend for me

Also, when I go to speedtest.net it tells me my 'recommended' test server is Limerick. Hmmmm

300 to 400 is still manageable tho!!! 12kbps is an absolute joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

If you got 312 kbps on speedtest, that would equal around 35-40 kb/s in downloading terms. Maybe use a download accelerator like DAP to max out your connection a bit better as 12 kb/s is quite low

Of course if it was 8000 kbps you should have 800-900 kb/s heh

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Hogzy wrote: »
    Hey guys im getting 312kbps on speed test when i usually get 8000kbps!

Anyone else suffering slow speeds today on BT?

My BT connection was out for ~12hrs yesterday... but when it came back overnight, my exchange had been upgraded to 24Mbps :) (Although I'm only getting about 10 of those, but it's still twice what I was getting before...)

calum wrote: »
    My BT connection was out for ~12hrs yesterday... but when it came back overnight, my exchange had been upgraded to 24Mbps :) (Although I'm only getting about 10 of those, but it's still twice what I was getting before...)

OH MY GOD!!! I hope thats what there doing to me... Doubt it though as its been like this now since friday evening!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Is there any more insight about BT's stance for res customers after the article in the papers over the weekend?

"BT hangs up on the fight for Irish customers"

Is there any truth in this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

Rorser wrote: »
    Is there any more insight about BT's stance for res customers after the article in the papers over the weekend?

Read an article about this yesterday.

Don't think they've managed to get a level of subscription that they were after.

BT are apparently saying nothing so far. In my opinion they are looking for a way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

OH MY GOD!!! I hope thats what there doing to me... Doubt it though as its been like this now since friday evening!
    Hmm, I'm not convinced that's what it was now, either-- have had two more prolonged outages since then (am in the middle of the second one right now). Maybe I'd been upgraded before that and just hadn't noticed...

Rorser wrote: »

wheres that article?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

wheres that article?

Twas in the Sunday Times "Business and Money" section. It could be true it could be false.......No confirmation yet.

Advertisement