Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best fake tan..

• 31-01-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭

What is the best fake tan out there?..
    Don't wear it much so I don't really have a clue about it. Im pretty pale so I don't want a orangy colour.. More of a natural glow kind of thing..

Any help would be appriciated..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

You might be better going for one of the moisturisers with a little bit of tan included. I like the Dove one, it gives a bit of colour without making you look like an Oompa Lumpa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

bronz express liquid tan is really good.. imm veryy pale too and it goes on like water, first layer is really light so you just add as you like to colour.. and as long as you dont do too much its not orange (imo).. its wear off

or for wash off you cant beat sally hanson legs (use it all over your body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Any tan with added moisturiser will be a lighter colour than a normal one. If you're not used to using it and want it for an event, do a trial some time before to see how it comes out on you and what technique to use. Nothing worse than bad fake tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭cheekay

sally hansen defo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think the original 'Fake Bake' is great. It has the consistency and colour of mud so you CANNOT mess up the application and after a shower the next morning leaves a lovely colour. More brown than orange which is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 godeas

I always waer fake tan and I actually really like the Rimmel spray tan in "bronze". it goes on quickly and to get it even, i use a mitt. It washes off and gaves an instant glow. It comes in a lighter shade also.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Poor OP will be confused now.. No two recommendations for the same brand. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

L`Oreal Sublime Bronze gel in Medium/Dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Thanks everyone..

I'll defo have a helping hand putting on the tan so don't think it'll come out bad. Think I'll go for the Sally Henson I've heard good things about it from other people aswell. Thanks again!..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Cupcakes wrote: »
    L`Oreal Sublime Bronze gel in Medium/Dark.

I second this, the L'Oreal Sublime ones are really good, especially for people like me who don't really have a clue how to put them on properly! They're really easy to use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭zoey

PlayGirl wrote: »
    bronz express liquid tan is really good.. imm veryy pale too and it goes on like water, first layer is really light so you just add as you like to colour.. and as long as you dont do too much its not orange (imo).. its wear off

or for wash off you cant beat sally hanson legs (use it all over your body

Those are the two I would use regularly and I have really fair skin aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

zoey wrote: »
    Those are the two I would use regularly and I have really fair skin aswell.

another vote for bronz express. I've very pale and it goes on in a tinted water with a mitt that you cant get wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I second this, the L'Oreal Sublime ones are really good, especially for people like me who don't really have a clue how to put them on properly! They're really easy to use.

L'oreal sublime bronze is excellent - not the clear gel the other one cos you can see it going on and you knw exactly how it looks so you dnt get streaking. Tis brill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

Yeah, all l'oreal sublime great es[ecially the airbrush spray, its super duper but does anyone one know that works well but doesnt stink....??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

I'm very fair skinned myself and when I have the energy to bother with faketan I use Fake Bake (I use the Mousse one, though I think they all work the same).

There are other good ones out there too but the main reason I would say to go Fake Bake is that is doesnt leave that horrible sickly sweet stench on your skin and in the air afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

As an Irish lass in Oz who takes an utter eternity to tan (here 3 years now and only a semblance of natural colour starting to develop - and yes, yes I am very sun protection savvy but at the same time I mean 3 years for Pete's sake!!) I've tried them ALL.

Best of the bunch, without a doubt for it's totally natural olive colour, hardly any smell, fades very gradually, almost totally streak free and very easy to apply:

*Drumroll*

http://www.xen-tan.com.

Can be bought online from: http://www.feelunique.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

As an Irish lass in Oz who takes an utter eternity to tan (here 3 years now and only a semblance of natural colour starting to develop - and yes, yes I am very sun protection savvy but at the same time I mean 3 years for Pete's sake!!) I've tried them ALL.

Best of the bunch, without a doubt for it's totally natural olive colour, hardly any smell, fades very gradually, almost totally streak free and very easy to apply:

*Drumroll*

P.S. Get the spray one not the mousse. I've tried both and the former is the biz. Mates here and at home would just not believe it was fake. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

magconn wrote: »
    Yeah, all l'oreal sublime great es[ecially the airbrush spray, its super duper but does anyone one know that works well but doesnt stink....??????

I heard something about an organic self tanner on the market now, no odour or chemicals. Dont know much about it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Im fair skined and use clarins gel - i like it coz thte colour is not strong and it looks natural and becuase its a gel its really easy to blend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i use Garnier moisturiser with tan in it, im really pale but it comes up a decent noticeable colour after bout 2 applications and no streaks

plus it smells of apricot, gorgeous when ya get outtta the shower.
    beats needing body butter./lotion AND tan... 2 in 1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 sparewheel

Loreal sublime bronze (gel) defo!!! ... sally hansens also reeli gud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hiyafine

L'oreal Sublime Bronze Gel in fair/medium but if you want instant the best i've tried yet is Top Image BUT DONT put it on if it's raining as it's instant and it will run down the back of your legs or arms if your skin gets wet.
    Take a fool's advice ! ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

I second the Garnier Summer Body moisturiser. I use the darker one and only need to use it once every 5-6 days. I fairly pale and it comes up really nice with just one coat of it. It does sometimes streak on my legs though but doesnt streak anywhere else.

I like the Dove one aswell as it doesnt streak on my legs so I've been using Garnier on my arms and chest and Dove everywhere else. Looks natural too and for me it comes off easy if you need it to, compared to tans like St.Tropez etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Pipsie Pie

Sammag wrote: »

*Drumroll*

P.S. Get the spray one not the mousse. I've tried both and the former is the biz. Mates here and at home would just not believe it was fake. :D

I second this! I use the 'luxe' lotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

SAlly Hansen...how many time must I say it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pipsie Pie wrote: »
    I second this! I use the 'luxe' lotion

Recently started using Xen Tan. I used the medium one but I just ordered a bottle of the darkest one, hopefully it's good too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I know I reccomended Garnier before, but months on Ive discovered St Tropez everyday body.. its the moisturiser one and it smells lovely and gives the most natural colour ever and is actually impossible to apply wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 apes_h

st.tropez is defo the best tan for fair skinned people. i am the whitest person ever and st.tropez is the best tan ever. whitey's like us need to use a tan that has a green base which st.tropez has..fake base has an orange base to it so it can turn really orangey on fairer people. but for instant i would go with sally hansen in medium or rimmell sunshimmer in light.

Advertisement