Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3 Expansion Pack now available

• 31-01-2009 6:15pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone play it? Im downloading it at the mo. Any feedback on it? Can you level up higher? New achievements?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Um, yeah i played it now. :p

In fact i finished it in about 2 hours. Very disappointed. Its very linear, VERY easy, very limited in what you can do and buggy as hell. 4 extra achievements which are gained from just playing it through. Such a shame given how fantastic the main game is.

At the end after the final mission, the good guys started attacking me for no reason while i was in the "reward room" (what im dubbing as the end bit). A quick online search and it seems thats its a common bug.

My biggest gripe is that there hasnt been an increase in the levels. 20 is still the max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The level cap is coming in the 3rd DLC coming in March, Broken Steel. Its a bit unnecessary in my opinion though.

Operation: Anchorage sounded like the weakest of the 3 DLC's, hopefully The Pitt will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

with the 3rd dlc i think u continue on with the game as a BoS member, also i would like to see the outcasts and BoS reunite

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    The level cap is coming in the 3rd DLC coming in March, Broken Steel. Its a bit unnecessary in my opinion though.

Operation: Anchorage sounded like the weakest of the 3 DLC's, hopefully The Pitt will be better.

I'm right in saying the first dlc was pc only? Anchorage is the first xbox dlc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

faceman wrote: »
    I'm right in saying the first dlc was pc only? Anchorage is the first xbox dlc?

no no xbox will get all 3 same as other formats. Anchorage was the 1st on xbox and pc.

@ faceman : yeah those bastards attacked me too had to run with my loot :D
    must go back and see if theres any of the metal gear solid like ninja armor didnt notice any there though :(

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    no no xbox will get all 3 same as other formats. Anchorage was the 1st on xbox and pc.

@ faceman : yeah those bastards attacked me too had to run with my loot :D
    must go back and see if theres any of the metal gear solid like ninja armor didnt notice any there though :(

You get the winterised T51 armour and helmut there? Did you not get it when you completed the mission? Lots of other ammo and weapon goodies too.

out of curiousity:
    did you fight the final chinese leader or did you just use speech to persuade him to kill himself? My speech was high enough so he killed himself.
    Another disappointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

There is, on one of the shelves. To complete the MGS look, the
    Chinese officer's sword
    is there too. I didn't experiment with it, but I think it has some special feature or at least looks fancier than the normal ones.

I enjoyed the DLC, but it wasn't amazing. I imagine the Pitt will be better, with Broken Steel being Fallout 3's Shivering Isles.

Mr. K wrote: »
    There is, on one of the shelves. To complete the MGS look, the
    Chinese officer's sword
    is there too. .

Wait, what? Am i missing something here? Armour other than the T51?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

Yup the Crimson Dragon stealth armour the commies used in the DLC.

Ridiculously overpowered armour - when you crouch with it on, you get a +50% stealth buff.

I enjoyed the DLC. Was a bit too linear in many areas, but was nice to get away from DC and see the world the way it once was :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Level cap will go to 30 by the 3rd DLC pack. But apparantly it will be very hard to actually reach level 30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

mika27 wrote: »
    Level cap will go to 30 by the 3rd DLC pack. But apparantly it will be very hard to actually reach level 30

The best way to level up is to put up the difficulty. I played through on Normal and kept saves to get the Achievements for Evil and Neutral characters quickly. Unfortunately, I saved over my Level 7 one, so I had to start again. Playing on Very Hard is rather tough, but you get way more XP.

Depending on the number of missions in Broken Steel, reaching 30 may be tough. Attacking a nest of Death Claws on Very Hard probably won't end well, but will net you mountains of XP when it works out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

There's an interview with Todd Howard on the latest oxm podcast, he gives away a lot about what to expect from the next two DLC packs

wasnt really paying attention and cant be bothered to check but i could have been sure the winter armor didnt lose condition points ?

Damn it, ill have to go back and get my mgs ninja suit :D

This dlc would be worth it if you where on the 1st play though or replay and you could fight your way there early on

Yeah i need to go back for the MGS suit too!

Just discovered Im actually on the last mission in the main game, or about to start it anyway! If i complete the game does that mean I cant continue with the side missions afterward? i.e. should i hold off?

faceman wrote: »
    Yeah i need to go back for the MGS suit too!

Just discovered Im actually on the last mission in the main game, or about to start it anyway! If i complete the game does that mean I cant continue with the side missions afterward? i.e. should i hold off?

No thats it game over, you can just make a save now and go back and do them if you want to do the last mission. Also you can slightly effect the ending you get there at the last mission so you you can reload that and mess about with different options.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aidan47

anybody havelinks to download fallout 3from megaupload?

Aidan47 wrote: »

in b4 the ban :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Buy the game you cheap a$$hole!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

whs.gif

Yeah. You can get it from here

I really hope that wont get me banned ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

I've heard that the expansion is not worth the time or money, I've not played myself but just what i've been told.

Advertisement