Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St johns wort ?

• 31-01-2009 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Ive being a really bad sleeper for years i had a very bad routine where i wouldnt go to bed unitl 5 in the morning and wake up till after 2........ For years i couldnt break this cycle 'being unemployed didnt help' started a job in june last year and i got into a good rouinte though not always i generally slept well in bed at 11 and up at 6. I uselly get 5 or 6 hours however recently i havent being able to sleep at all my mind is just racing and when i do nod off i wake up within an hour im going to work shattered.... Im at my wits end ive got some st johns wort to try and help has anybody got any info if this helps or not ?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 odinreln

to be honest id stay clear of st johns wart. it can effect people in different ways and is usually only recomended by a herbalist if the patient has cleared it with their GP first, and if there are any signs of depression, it can have side effects.

for sleep, valerian or chamomile, would be lighter choices. the health stores in cities, have teas, which are different strengths you can try.

i personally use valerian, it tastes nastier than some of the others, like lemon balm, but once the tea is in you, youll feel relaxed in an hour.

also, less tobacco, caffine, after 6pm ish might help, and keeping excerise to the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Honor3

Hi,

I don't think St.Johns Wort may improve sleep. Now if it does for you then fine.

But many people find that if they take it near enough before bed they have trouble sleeping.

Advertisement