Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very thin / small clamshell

• 31-01-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Anyone suggest a clamshell on the market at the moment. Doesn't have to be on sale with an Irish network as I'll buy over the internet if not.

Would be hoping for something like the Samsung U300 although with a few more features.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not many phones that are smaller than that. Is their certain features you are looking for? Which is more important the features or the size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭paul.irl

How about a BenQ Siemens EF81? Yes, a Siemens ;) Had a phone briefly and loved it. Will prob pick up another one as they are dirt cheap at the moment (€60). Exceptionally well-bulit, 3G enabled. GSM reception is good, 3G reception is average. Just one thing to consider. BenQ Mobile no longer exists so if you have any issues with the phone, you might as well bin it.

The firmware is very fast and stable.

Check specs here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/benq_siemens_ef81-1412.php

If interested, drop me a line. Can help with the order on ebay Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

davton wrote: »
    Not many phones that are smaller than that. Is their certain features you are looking for? Which is more important the features or the size?

Size preferably. I would imagine though that basically all phones now would have a 2mp camera at least and 3G ?

paul.irl wrote: »
    How about a BenQ Siemens EF81? Yes, a Siemens ;) Had a phone briefly and loved it. Will prob pick up another one as they are dirt cheap at the moment (€60). Exceptionally well-bulit, 3G enabled. GSM reception is good, 3G reception is average. Just one thing to consider. BenQ Mobile no longer exists so if you have any issues with the phone, you might as well bin it.

The firmware is very fast and stable.

Check specs here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/benq_siemens_ef81-1412.php

If interested, drop me a line. Can help with the order on ebay Germany

Def a nice looking phone. I dunno would I go for a near 3 year old phone though. And as you say, with BenQ having wound up their handset division it mightn't be a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Size preferably. I would imagine though that basically all phones now would have a 2mp camera at least and 3G ?

Would the SE W980i suit you. Its quite a slim phone, is quite new and has plenty of features and has a 3mp camera and also 3G like you wanted. It doesn't have a memory card slot, but it does have 8gb internally.

Its also available on vodafone and o2 if you prefer rather than buying over the net. Looks better than the U300 imo and i would recommend a SE more than a samsung, or a siemens :p What you think

• Advertisement

davton wrote: »
    Would the SE W980i suit you. Its quite a slim phone, is quite new and has plenty of features and has a 3mp camera and also 3G like you wanted. It doesn't have a memory card slot, but it does have 8gb internally.

Its also available on vodafone and o2 if you prefer rather than buying over the net. Looks better than the U300 imo and i would recommend a SE more than a samsung, or a siemens :p What you think

Its a nice phone alright. Fnn pricey though. 319 Euros on prepay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

nokia n76?

Advertisement