Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cartron bay statue/ Ghost ship?

Options
  • 31-01-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can anyone give me any info on the statue on the way to Strand hill/Rosses point near Cartron on the left hand side of the road.
    Also any information on the story of a "ghost ship"or ghosts near the wreck of a ship in Sligo.Sorry if this is all a bit vague but i'm not a resident of Sligo and its been a while since i was last there.
    Cheers in advance
    Tel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

There is a wreck of an old steamer that can be seen from the Strandhill road about a mile or two from the village. I believe the wreck is owned by the Cubby Broccoli organisnation who make the Jimmy Bond movies. Cubby bought it years ago to blow it up in a bond movie however it never happened.

There is a statue in Rosses Point overlooking the channel something to do with drownded fisherman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There's this in Rosses Point:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/3094660679/

Not sure if thats what you mean.

Advertisement