Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon Cashback

• 31-01-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Just wondering did anybody buy a Canon camera recently and send of the cashback offer? I sent mine off almost 6 weeks ago but heard nothing since.......is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I sent mine last week.
    They say it'ld take upto 27 days for them to send it on the website.
    Have you tried calling them lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

You can check the status of it online I think. I remember mine took a while if that's any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I sent mine last week.
    They say it'ld take upto 27 days for them to send it on the website.
    Have you tried calling them lately?

No, but i think i will do that on Monday. I got a duplicate receipt when i bought the camera but i still want my €40:D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

hi,
    i sent mine off on the 27 november and got the cheque back on 5 january.. €65
    i pity those from the uk they only get £50 back :pac:

So it looks like i shouldn't really expect mine to come back till march or something!

• Advertisement

Cheque for €40 arrived today - even though i bought it in north using sterling. €40 < £30 stg :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Yip 75 euro arrived last week so about 6 weeks of a wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Can expect mine shortly so, sent off in early January..

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

I called about mine today, sent it in at the start of Dec. They have no record of it and want me to send it in again :mad:

Searching now for a copy of the receipt, I'm sure I took one but just can't find it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

whats the number you are calling?
    I tried to call them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lottyprop

I am just about to send mine off, last minute as usual (offer is extended to feb 28th).

The address to send it to is listed as -

Freepost RRRX-UHCE-RSGT,
    PWA,
    9-12 Eastman Way,
    Hemel Hempstead,
    HP2 7DU

Is this where you guys sent it to ? I presume this is a UK address so I'll should stick UK at the end of it otherwise that wouldn't make it out of my local post office!

I used that address too

no need for stamps correct??

I will resend mine also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 catherineg

Does the cash back offer relate to all Canon purchases do you know? i.e. I bought mine on amazon.co.uk and dont know how to go about claiming this?

still waiting for mine here...
    Hopefully should get it in the next couple of weeks maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lottyprop

Mine is just gone off in the post now...

When i bought it the retailer mentioned a free training course. I called back in to the shop last week and they said I had to apply online. I don't see anything about it on the Canon site though. Could some on point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

When I did the cashback thing (about a year ago) it was to an Irish address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Received cheque for €65 today - took just over 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

@mmalaka freepost usually only counts if you are in the same country as the delivery address as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭Bertie Bassett

ttcomet wrote: »
    @mmalaka freepost usually only counts if you are in the same country as the delivery address as far as I know.

I sent mine (from Dublin) to the UK address in the freepost envelope and it arrived ok. I was afraid it hadn't been delivered so I rang the number on the form and the person I spoke to was very helpful, they even sent me the cheque in Euro even though the receipt was in Sterling. The whole thing took about 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I received mine after a long wait. I had forgotten about it and it was a nice surprise to find the check in the post. I also used the freepost address with no problems.

• Advertisement

I just received my today!!!
    After i gave up hope i'ld get it and actually i had completely forgotten about it... But its good to finally see those 40bucks you were promised!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Have heard of people waiting up to 12 weeks. Sent mine off on 19th of January so will give them a call on Monday if I dont get tomorrow or Mondya morning.
    Wedding anniversary, Wife Birthday and mothers day..... All within 5 days would soften the blow if it came soon. If not its a bottle of vinegar wine and a chinese take away:)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

I got mine last week, they had told me they lost my original application. However they checked again and found it, happy days :)

Looking for advice

I got my check I sent to AIB bank to put the cach in my account, they contacted me saying that they need to post it back to UK to change it to be useable for Irish banks and they they will charge me about 20 Euro and the UK guys will charge me another 20 Euro

so the check is with me now... anyone got this issue?

I'm with aib also. I just had to make my lodgment in person at the foreign exchange counter

I went to Blanchstown brandh and they took the check from me to send it to the foreign exchange .... next day they called to to say that they need to send it to uk ....etc

Advertisement