Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby

Options
  • 31-01-2009 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone knows where there's some tag rugby training?
    I've only played once or twice but really enjoyed it and would love to start it up.

In Dublin there's a league where lots of different business and companies get together and play over a few weeks - anything like that here?

Thanks!

MT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

As far as i know Highfield RC (Bishopstown) and Cork Con RC (Blackrock) do tag leagues.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hiya I play for two teams during the summer (both of them are in different leagues). They are also both with two different companies. Regarding training, well you would first need to find a team.

If you look at the ITRA website www.itra.ie (they hold their matches in Cork Con and Highfield) then there is a section where you can sign up to the "Find a team/player" section (top left part of their homepage)....think you have to pay 5/10 euro to sign up to it though.

The other organisation is called the IRFU (I think...google them as I do not know the website) and they play in Kinsale as well as a few other places. Main think to remember that the IRFU and the ITRA only organise the matches, the training is up to the individual team. I played for one team one year who never trained and so as a whole they sucked :D:D

I hope this helps and if you need to know anything else please ask....perhaps take a look on the boards sports forum? Well I'm assuming boards has one....or search on boards for tag rugby.

Best of luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MT2

Hey lads,

Thanks a mil for the replies! Will definitely look them up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jaqu15

Hi all,

in terms of tag in Dublin i have set up a new tag company, known as NRG Tag can be viewed at www.nrgtag.eu basically we see what ITRA Charge previous player and thought what they offer just wasnt fair, so i have decided enough is enough, first 50 teams can register for 350 and its 450 there after. we will be based in corcaigh park, Malahide and Shankill, and will also be running an easter Blitz.

email info@NRGTag.eu for more info

Regards

Neil R.G

Advertisement