Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with house alarm

Options
  • 04-03-2009 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

My 80 year old mother is having problems with her 5 year old alarm. She gets it regularly serviced. Just before Christmas the hall door sensor started giving trouble. It had been serviced only a few weeks earlier. It started going off especially when put on at night giving her a terrible fright. She called the guy who fitted it and he came and replaced the sensors (which she paid for). At Christmas it started again. She rang him and he promised to call but never did. She kept the alarm off as a result.

She thought it might be down to bad weather swelling the door (it's very old) and started putting it on again a few weeks ago. All was well until it went off again last week and I had to rush home from work. She called him again and he said 'this can't go on' and promised to call her back but never did. Now my mother is an especially polite woman and was upset at this. It's obvious he is not interested in the job and if I get on the phone to him I'll lose my temper. So, would anyone know where I can get an engineer who will actually come out and do something? She's just paid €200+ to the monitoring company which is useless as she's not using the alarm. :mad:
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement