Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music software

Options
  • 31-01-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am looking for software that can take in either a CD track or MP3 and mute certain instruments like drums, or lead guitar, etc.

My wife is a music teacher and is looking for software for her music students so that they can play the songs theyve chosen for the exams and play along with the drums, by muting the drums, or the guitar but muting the guitar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

hi there,

I use a program called Wavepad for editing mp3 tracks, its free and its relatively straightforward to use.

(There's also a paid for version with more features)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Editors-Recorders/WavePad.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

fryup wrote: »
    hi there,

I use a program called Wavepad for editing mp3 tracks, its free and its relatively straightforward to use.

(There's also a paid for version with more features)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Editors-Recorders/WavePad.shtml

Hey fryup,
    Just tried that there. Looks pretty cool but is there a way to mute certain instruments in the track, eg drums or guitar?

Or do you know of anywhere I could look to get the tracks made without the drums or guitar? I dont mind paying for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

cant be done

you cant take the ingredients out of a cake once its baked, and you cant take the audio ingredients out of a track once theyre in a 2 track file

you could give eq a go, but it wont work very well and everything you take out has a massive affect on everything thats left, so the result is generally rubbish

Advertisement