Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company of Heroes - NAT error

Options
  • 31-01-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone here playing CoH who has set up port forwarding correctly on an Eircom Netopia 2247NWG router?

For some reason I just can't get it to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Is there anyone here playing CoH who has set up port forwarding correctly on an Eircom Netopia 2247NWG router?

For some reason I just can't get it to work.

It's a well know problem with Epic RTS games i think theirs some guides on

www.portforward.com

but i also think its a router problem as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Stev_o wrote: »
    It's a well know problem with Epic RTS games i think theirs some guides on

www.portforward.com

but i also think its a router problem as well :(

I've followed the instructions on portforward.com.

Do you have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I've followed the instructions on portforward.com.

Do you have the same problem?

Yeah and still have with Dawn of War 2 its frustrating as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

when adding ports you can put a , or a - between numbers to specify a range.

So COH could be 100-150,1500,251021 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I found that I had to turn the firewall settings down on the netopia 3347 even after the port forwarding . Worked fine then .

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

this cured my NAT errors on DOW2:

go to internet options in your control panel (or from IE i think)

Go to connection tab, LAN settings, and make sure Automatically detect settings is checked. if it works let me know, i''m curious to see if it works for others.

jonski wrote: »
    I found that I had to turn the firewall settings down on the netopia 3347 even after the port forwarding . Worked fine then .

How did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

How did you do it?

I think the 2247 has the same menu as the 3347 , if so , go into the menu in the modem and on the left side click on "Firewall" and see what it is set to , mine was at medium and I set it to low .

jonski wrote: »
    I think the 2247 has the same menu as the 3347 , if so , go into the menu in the modem and on the left side click on "Firewall" and see what it is set to , mine was at medium and I set it to low .

It doesn't make a noticable difference whether I use Low or Medium.

I should perhaps clarify that I can play automatches and about 50% of games hosted by other players.

It's just frustrating when you want to play with a friend or a specific game and you get a NAT error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

[quote=Sabre Man;58848464

It's just frustrating when you want to play with a friend or a specific game and you get a NAT error.[/quote]

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

As has been suggested on this site before: hamachi

Solves a lot of issues. Lets your mates see a LAN game of COH across the net through secure VPN. Speed is very good, any time I have used it there was no lag.

Really cuts out a lot of shoite with NAT.

• Advertisement

uberpixie wrote: »
    https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

As has been suggested on this site before: hamachi

Solves a lot of issues. Lets your mates see a LAN game of COH across the net through secure VPN. Speed is very good, any time I have used it there was no lag.

Really cuts out a lot of shoite with NAT.

Looks like a possible solution for playing with friends, but we also want to play 2v2 AT games.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

i had issues with this router and company of heroes and dow 2. the solution is to follow the instructions on portforward.com and lower the secuirty settings on router.

also i have found that instructions for the 3347W make more sense than the ones for 2247.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/3347W/Company_of_Heroes.htm

hope this helps

Griffin87 wrote: »
    i had issues with this router and company of heroes and dow 2. the solution is to follow the instructions on portforward.com and lower the secuirty settings on router.

also i have found that instructions for the 3347W make more sense than the ones for 2247.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/3347W/Company_of_Heroes.htm

I've set up forwarding for port 6112, 30260 and 9100 as CoH1, CoH2 and CoH3.

I've tried forwarding various combinations of them.

Forwarding 30260 does no harm, but doesn't seem to make a positive difference either. Forwarding either of the other two alone or together with 30260 disconnects me from the server.

Forwarding all ports disconnects me from the Internet.

Advertisement