Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 forum beers - 8.30pm, Friday 20th February in the Crowne Plaza Hotel

Options
  • 31-01-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭

We've been talking about having another forum beers since probably the day after the last one (Christmas 2007 for anyone who's wondering how they missed it), and now we've finally decided to get off our arses and organise one.

Since the last beers the forum really has taken on a real community feel to it, there are now quite a few regular posters willing to offer advice and opinions on everything from schools to breakfast rolls in Dublin 15. And of course there's also the little sub-community of posters in Barnwell who have been assisting each other over the past year or so on their thread. It really would be great to meet everyone and put faces to the names.

To keep things simple we've already chosen a date and venue, so all we're looking for is numbers. Obviously if it looks like it's only going to be deswalsh and myself there we'll look at rescheduling, but hopefully that won't be necessary. So, the details:

Date: Friday 20th February
    Venue: The bar of the new Crowne Plaza hotel beside Blanchardstown Town Centre
    Time: From 8:30

We chose this venue because a number of people have said here it was a decent spot and would suit a forum beers, and it also should be relatively easy to get to no matter where you live in the area.

So please let us know if you can or can't come along, but hopefully it won't be the latter and we'll see you on the 20th.

Zaph and Gaspode (deswalsh)

Will you be attending the D15 forum beers on February 20th? 8 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    50%
    NevynZaphGaspodeKaldorn 4 votes
    Maybe
    50%
    quankthehamoPeadar06ChewChew 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No
    I shall be there. I'll be the attractive guy with the rose in his lapel. (if i can find anything with a lapel on it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No
    Shall I bring my lil devil again ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Shall I bring my lil devil again ?

Sorry, no children allowed!

(But yes do bring the devil - has to be done cos it's a tradition now!)

No
    deswalsh wrote: »
    Sorry, no children allowed!

(But yes do bring the devil - has to be done cos it's a tradition now!)

Doing something once doesn't make it a tradition, a second time maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

I would like to attend. Do I have to bring the tinned milk?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No
    Condensed milk won't be necessary, unless BGRH decide to move the next beers to D15. :)

Thats grand. Also can nobody mention the "R" word at all on the night?

No
    Not sure we can guarantee that but we'll do our best.

No
    Thats grand. Also can nobody mention the "R" word at all on the night?

Radish?

Radish?
    Funny onion:D.

• Advertisement

No
    What ?
    Do you mean Stephen ?

What ?
    Do you mean Stephen ?
    moi? Who,s Stephen? Im confused Ted.........

No
    In AH they got sick of the 'R' word and named 'it' Stephen instead :D

In AH they got sick of the 'R' word and named 'it' Stephen instead :D
    Oh right so.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Not sure if I will be there this time ... tis almost at my birthday and I was kinda hoping the husband would be bringing me somewhere exciting ...

kinda have a feeling now that this may be that spot....lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cheers to Zaph for pointing me in this direction (I've been reading the forum, just not the stickies. Bad mod!).

I'm heading to Denmark to watch my beloved City in the Uefa Cup but I get back early evening on the 20th so might be able to pop up for an hour or so.

I'll stick myself down as a maybe for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

It looks like I won't be able to make it, have something on in work which I can't get out of. A pity as the last one was fun.

Oh well, enjoy yourselves.

LIB

No
    oh well.

I am very much looking forward to this, nice to have a night out and not
    have to worry about getting home from the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Did you say the prayer?

No
    sukikettle wrote: »
    Did you say the prayer?

sukikettle, you'd better have a bloody good reason for dragging issues from another forum onto here, because if you don't I will be banning you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Why thank you...I'll toast to that, he'll be there loud and clear...and it won't be much longer...;)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Maybe
    Oh I sooooo want to go to this but I already have another event lined up for that night! Gah! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

No
    ill be there

No
    ChewChew wrote: »
    Oh I sooooo want to go to this but I already have another event lined up for that night! Gah! :(

Prioritize ChewChew, ditch the others!!

Maybe
    Prioritize ChewChew, ditch the others!!
    I have a commitment to 46 young girls! lol.

No
    I have a commitment to 46 young girls! lol.

So many girls, so little time. Story of my life.*

contains 0.0000% truth.

No
    (please dont tell me they're guides or cub scouts or something, I'd be morto!)

Maybe

CGI girls. (catholic guides of Ireland) ;)

No

Sure come over after with your necker on :D

• Advertisement

No

Unlucky Des :D

Advertisement